Breitling Articles, FAQs and Resources
Links and Articles
Here is a collection of articles and resources written by me and collected from around the internet on various boards. They have been linked for your convenience, and provide extremely useful information on the history and information on specific Breitling models that is not on my website and didn't seem to fit in with the current information.
General Breitling Watch Information
- Breitling Watch FAQ
A growing list of Frequently Asked Questions and Answers on Breitling Watches!
- Breitling Reference Numbers
An explanation of Breitling's current reference number system.
- Bracelet and Strap Reference Numbers
A list of known bracelet/strap reference numbers.
- Breitling Bezel Protector Numbers
A list of known Bezel Protector numbers.
- Bracelet and Strap Assembly Instructions
A link to a post on our forums with the instructions to size and adjust the latest Breitling Bracelets.
- List of exhibition (see-through) caseback Breitlings
There are a handful of Breitlings with transparent casebacks.
- Dating your Breitling watch with the Case or Bracelet
You may be able to date your Breitling watch with the Case or Bracelet!
- Water Resistance Case Ratings
What those case water resistance ratings really mean.
- Breitling Slide Rule Instructions
How to use the Breitling Navitimer Slide Rule.
- Breitling Company Timeline
A complete timeline of the Breitling Company.
- How to adjust links on a Breitling Bracelet
This is a video tutorial hosted on Youtube showing how to adjust/resize links on a Breitling Pilot Bracelet.
- Adjusting Your Breitling Bracelet for Maximum Comfort
This is a short tip on how to make sure your Breitling Bracelet is biased for optimum comfort.
- Breitling Ocean Racer Strap Sizing
A step-by-step pictorial instruction on how to size and install a brand new Ocean Racer Rubber Strap by Aleister.
- How to change your Breitling strap or bracelet.
This is a video tutorial on how to change your strap to a bracelet on your Breitling.. and vice versa!
- Breitling Limited Editions
An informal and ever-growing list of Breitling Limited Editions.
Roffensian's Watch Knowledge Article Series
- Watch Movement Jewels
Roff the Prof explains the watch Jewels and how they work.
- The History of Movement Manufacture
Roffensian talks about the history of movement manufacture, with a slight bias towards Breitling's Movement history.
- How a Mechanical Watch Works
Roffensian explains how a mechanical watch movement works.
- The Minute Repeater
Roffensian explains what a Minute Repeater is.
- The Perpetual Calendar
Roffensian explains how a perpetual calendar works.
Article Series on Spotting Replicas
- Spotting The Good Fakes
Here is an article on spotting some of the more obscure differences of the good fakes. Arm yourself with knowledge!
- Video Article: Chronomat Evolution Replica/Fake Analysis
In this video I look at a very well made fake Breitling Chronomat Evolution.
- Video Article: Chrono Avenger Replica/Fake Analysis
A video examining the flaws in a pretty decently copied Breitling Chrono Avenger.
- Video Article: SuperOcean Steelfish Replica/Fake Analysis
A video examining the flaws in a very well made fake SuperOcean Steelfish X-Plus. Know the fake, protect yourself!
- General Rules on Spotting Replicas
Here is a list of basics to look for when you are on your quest for your new Breitling. Avoiding the fakes!
- Spotting a Replica Dial
Differences between a real and fake Breitling dial.
- Spotting a Replica Caseback
Comparison of several fake and genuine casebacks.
Specific Model Articles (external links)
- Series of Online Video Watchmaking Documentries! COOL!
A series of short documentries on each part of the watchmaking process. From watchmaking, enamelling, guilloche, strapmaking, glassmaking, etc.
- History of the Original Breitling Slide-Rule Chronomat
This is a very well written and fairly comprehensive article on the Original Slide-Rule Chronomat.
- History of the Present Day Breitling Chronomat
Another article on the Breitling Chronomat. However, this one is about the current day Chronomat that was created in 1984.
- Breitling Cosmonaute
A nice article on the Breitling Cosmonaute, one of the legendary Breitling wrist instruments.
- Breitling Aerospace Instructions
A great page with the instructions on how to use the Breitling Aerospace if you lost your instructions.
- Breitling Fake ID
Our own Sharkmouth from the forum has his own page on Identifying Breitling Fakes. A great resource!