The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:22 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 14 posts
I wonder why no-one has asked yet about the functions of the new in-house movement here (or maybe I've only missed that post)?
So:
Does it have a conservative dial layout of 3-6-9? If yes, where is the date window? If the date window will be opened between 4 and 5, will the digits hopefully stand upright, like on some older Breitlings (Datora, Navi) or will the digit be a "drunkard", to be viewed oblique from some direction, like the Omega PO Chrono, or the El Primero from the other side?
Will the date (day-date) feature(s) change instantly or follow the Valjoux 7750 pattern by changing in cca. 90 minutes time span?
Will it have a fly-back feature?
Will it have a "big date" at 12, like that of the La Joux Perret on the Valjoux 7750 basis, or some ETA sandwitches, seen e. g. in the Blackbird? Will then the weekday feature be shown by hand at 6, on a common axis with the hour counter?
And maybe it has a minute counter from the center, like the Lemania 5100 or the Breguet Type XXI (Lemania base again)? If not, will the minute counter have a 30 or a 60 minute chapter? Will the minute counter "jump" (like Vj7750) or advance continuously (like Lemania5100 and ETA sandwich chronos)?
Is it designed to have a day-date feature with windows, like on the Valjoux 7750 or the Lemania 5100? Can a "classic" calendar feature be added, that is: is it planned to produce one? (Like that of the Valjoux72C or the Valjoux 7751)
I think these are important questions - and hopefully not only for me. I know that some of them will be answered soon but I can hardly wait till that :)
Any info or even guess is highly welcome...
Best regards: Robertus

For sale: Sinn 356 II, Porsche Design Titan Chrono Valjoux
Wanted: Breitling Blackbird 13353 on bracelet

Last edited by Robertus61 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:27 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Only 17 days left for Baselworld ;)