Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Chronomat AB0141 ?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:43 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
What can you tell me about my "find" in a big box club retail store, says is New, Breitling Chronomat; AB0141, display back, "limited edition", red hands on subdials....They said no owners manual, no warranty, leather box only, bezel protector is laying in bottom under cushion, no peel off plastic on back, did not check elsewhere. $2999. The described it as they were a "3rd party seller" and get one on occasion. I did not have a glass to check to see if maybe a return with scratches.

Cannot find exact one in Breitlingsource model listing, perhaps due to special number on limited edition?

I do see a couple on ebay, used, from Japan

Had been looking for a Chronomat. What say you, worth taking the dive if glass shows it really does appear as new?

Thanks, DFM

Post subject: Re: Chronomat AB0141 ?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:17 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
If you factor in a full service from BUS into the price is it still a good deal? Any pictures?

I would have to say without the proper box, papers or official warranty it would have to be really cheap for me to buy it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

DFM likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:16 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I had it in hand, I believe is legit. Breitling for sure. Yes, still a very good deal with a full Breitling service. However I would need to take a magnifier with me & look to be sure not any appearance of being worn.

It is the model number that confuses me...I cannot see it referenced in any of the Chronomat model sources. Therefore not sure of age. the AB0140 shows manufacture of 2011-2014. If this is a version of that model, how could it be new, if made that long ago?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:35 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

It is NOS - New Old Stock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:29 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Yes, it could be NOS, but should not be minus the box, manual, papers, and peel off stickers.
Further searching showed a few AB0141 for sale, apparently a Limited Edition (with the red hands and white circles on subdials the distinguishing feature it seems). All are pre-owned, which makes sense for the 2011-14 year.

Further reading on this site showed several problem issues with the earlier B-01 movements, not sure how widespread. There was a poll done, but no way to know how valid and scientific it was of the whole movement's universe. In any case, I am sure the AB0141 should not be any more "problematic" than any B-01 in any Breitling.

I guess it's up to me....at the 2999 price is it worth the risk, with all the kit items missing....or is it a returned watch with problems that may show up later. My decision, I just thought I might get some other opinions to help decide.

I had decided a few months ago that my next Breitling would be an automatic, and probably a Chronomat. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:21 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I would give it a miss at that price.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:08 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
You’d have to figure a full service on a B01 movement starts at $850 and that just covers the service and I’d plan on a few more expenses as well.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

DFM likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:44 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

well at 2999 + say 900 if needed, it is still a few thousand under the only NOS one I could find, and 1000 under cheapest pre-owned. I need to view it again with a glass, to see if it is really new....it just seems like with all the missing items, it may not be new, but instead a return. I will look, and try functions.

If you could tell me this....If Breitling does a full service (not under warranty), and there are still problems so a watch needs to go back, is their initial full service guaranteed, or do you need to continue to pay each time if no warranty? I suppose "it depends" . Thanks much.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:41 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
You get a 1 year warranty after a full service is done. You are looking at around 4k after you factor in the service. That's nothing special price wise for that Era of chronomat. If you like it then it's worth the price, but it's not any kind of amazing deal if a deal is the only reason you are considering it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:10 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

natesen wrote:
You get a 1 year warranty after a full service is done. You are looking at around 4k after you factor in the service. That's nothing special price wise for that Era of chronomat. If you like it then it's worth the price, but it's not any kind of amazing deal if a deal is the only reason you are considering it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Your final sentence above does a good job of summing it up. Probably the "deal" was a lot of the reason, maybe more than I want to admit. It does check some boxes on my Chronomat likes....dial style, dial color/subdial color (both dark), and display back a bonus. But there are certainly other watches available, some with remaining warranty. It is not the last one available.