Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:37 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
Hi Guys long time no post here,

I have a quick question and was wondering if you can help me to answer. I sent my Chrono Evolution up for full servicing in November 2020 and I was infromed today that though the servicing center did send it back but the watch is lost! (I sent it via Breitling botique)

This watch means a lot to me as it was bought for me by my dad as a gift, before he passed away. The botique ins westfield called and said they will try and locate the parcel from royal mail, but incase they are not able to do it they have offered me a new watch.

Mine had diamonds and a steel pilots bracelet i belive. I cant find aything anywhere near this on thier UK website.

First question is what would you guys do?

I (my mum and dad) paid £7300 for the watch (i have the original receipt ofcourse). I paid nearly £2000 for the bracelet ontop. Any watch on there is no where close to that amount?

My only conditions is that i dont want to have any gold on it, so steel and would like some bling :( so diamonds preferably.

Any advice and help would be GREATLY appreciated. What is my barganing position here (if the watch is as decribed LOST)

zhtckr likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:36 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Terrible situation for you, especially with the sentimental attachment. Unfortunately for you, Breitling don't really go in for diamonds these days, so you're probably going to struggle to find something new and similar to what you may have lost. (Let's say "may" as you never know, it may turn up).

An alternative may be to put in a claim to Royal Mail, or claim on your insurance, and then you'll have the cash to replace it with something pre-owned that may better match what you're looking for.

That said though, you can't replace the sentimental attachment, so fingers crossed Royal Mail will find yours.

Site Moderator

bnewbie likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:02 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hey driver thanks for the info, Brietiling have said i can choose a new watch as a replacement! Not sure what value they will let me choose it to. I put close to 10K on the watch and the bracelet not including servicing etc i have done over the years. I would feel that i should get watch atleast to that amount if my one is not found.

With regards to home insurance claim, how will that work i do have my watch listed on my home insurance but assumed it was no possible becuase the postage etc was all done through B

Regards

M

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:22 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Wow. Not good. I think I would want a chat with a solicitor to be honest.

Do you have the word of the branch manager that this is happened, or someone junior to her/him, or someone higher up? If not the latter then certainly I'd want to escalate this above the branch. Questions I'd have:

- do you have direct evidence from the Service Centre that they did indeed return it (or only the branch's word for this)?

- do you have direct evidence from RM that they say the package is lost (or only the branch's word for this)?

- if so, have RM said that it is lost with no prospect of retrieval (that is very rare) or simply that they have currently misplaced it (that is also pretty rare ...)

One of the reasons I have always dealt with service centres directly is because I worry about the extra stage in the process causing problems like this, but I appreciate that that's not very helpful right now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:11 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I have spoken with the branch manager and he has told me he has spoken to the service center manager in tumbridge. I have her name, they (service center) have confirmed they have sent it. Royal mail are making it undelivered but unable to find it. There are 4 other watches with my batch!

I dont have tracking id for royal mail.

As this is the first time this has happened I have no clue how to proceed.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:28 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 364 posts
I’d give it some time to let Breitling try to sort it out before you start with solicitors and insurance.

Your old watch will not be worth what you paid for it, because they depreciate in value. That said, Breitling also have a healthy profit margin in their Boutique pricing to play with.

Your watch may turn up. For all its issues, Royal Mail doesn’t permanent lose things very often.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:15 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Some sort of relief, I guess, that it's not just your watch, and that there are others which will intensify their efforts to sort this.

buddman wrote:
Your watch may turn up. For all its issues, Royal Mail doesn’t permanent lose things very often.

Agreed. There is certainly a fair amount of turbulence in RM at the moment, given Covid and the time of year, so I think at this stage I would still be hoping that someone finds it in the corner of a van ...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:43 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thank you all for responses. I am hopefull it turns up too no news yet.

buddman likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:34 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Happy new Year guys,

Just an update, i have heard from Breitiling and found the watch has been lost. They have offered up to 9750 worth of a replacement watch. That or i can get my model refurbished (which i have refused). I am gutted to be honest, and dont like any of the current models. What would you guys do?

My total cost for the watchs is around 9900 not including sentimental value.

Just some help, i have legal help as I have legal cover under my home insurance..

In the end just so dissapointed

M

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:42 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

That's terrible. I'm really sorry to hear this.

I think it would be worth getting some legal advice here: I think the key question is whether sentimental value can be costed in such a situation (and is therefore a basis for expecting more than has been offered).