Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New 7 year old avenger 2
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:58 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello guys, thanks for this forum, I found a lot of interesting info here.
This is my first post. Earlier this month I got an avenger 2 as a gift in Father’s Day and got really excited since it was my first Swiss watch. It is a new watch bought in the AD, but checking in between lugs at 6’o clock I realized it was manufactured in 2013. The warranty is 5 years old if you do a water resistance test every 2 years but it made me wonder: it is in the Store working for 7 years, should I take it to an authorized service place now? I mean, if I just follow the instructions, I would only take it to a water resistance test in 2 years, when t he watch is 9 years old...

Anyway...I think it probably happens a lot right? When you buy a new watch and get a 7 year old New Watch?

Thanks in advance

Follows a picture:

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:00 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 54 posts
A very beautiful watch for sure !

Paulobalsan likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:27 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
At 7 years old I would expect the dealer to have sent it to a Breitling service centre for check over. I guess the AD gave you the Breitling warranty card which is good for 2 years on that model.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Paulobalsan likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:21 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Arcam wrote:
At 7 years old I would expect the dealer to have sent it to a Breitling service centre for check over. I guess the AD gave you the Breitling warranty card which is good for 2 years on that model.

Thanks for your reply Arcam.
I doubt they ever sent the watch for a check-up. The warranty is pretty much the breitling standard, 2 years is for quartz models and 5 years for mechanicals (this case), according to the warranty booklet they gave me (no e-warranty available in Brazil, apparently)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:17 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Quote:
I doubt they ever sent the watch for a check-up. The warranty is pretty much the breitling standard, 2 years is for quartz models and 5 years for mechanicals (this case), according to the warranty booklet they gave me (no e-warranty available in Brazil, apparently)

Please be advised that the warranty offered by Breitling for your watch is only two years. The only Breitling watches that come with a five year warranty are those that have an in house movement, unfortunately the movement in your watch is not considered in-house. From Breitling's website:

"Your Breitling watch or chronograph equipped with a mechanical Manufacture Breitling movement is covered by a five-year warranty (excluding all straps other than metal straps). The five-year warranty on the mechanical Manufacture Breitling movement is granted on condition that water resistance tests are performed every two years following the date of purchase by an authorized Breitling service center. These tests are conducted free of charge. The warranty takes effect as of the date of purchase of the watch."

I would suggest you take it back to the dealer and ask them to send it to Breitling for a complete service, If the case was manufactured in 2013 then the movement is close to the end of the service period.

Good Luck and congratulations!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:36 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi 56scooter, thanks for your reply.

I didn't know about this, Breitling website says the same as the warranty card, "mechanical Manufacture Breitling movement". Does it mean in-house movement? Who would know this? Breitling buys the 7750 ebouchés from ETA and work a lot on them, even giving them a name (B13), and this cannot be considered "mechanical Manufacture Breitling movement"? That is at least debatable, not with you, of course, but with Breitling. Are you positive about this?

Also, when you say "If the case was manufactured in 2013 then the movement is close to the end of the service period.", what do you mean? 7 years is close to the end o the service period?

Thanks in advance!
Paulo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:36 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
Hi Paulo,

Yes Breitling only give 5 year warranty on their own in house mechanical movements like the B01 and B04 plus a few others, your watch in not an in house movement even though it it a Breitling modified ETA movement.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:25 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
The common guideline is that mechanical watches should be serviced every 5-7 years. Some people ignore that, however since your watch is under a two year warranty I would send it in for service under warranty after which you should be good for another 5-7 years.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:49 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks guys, I Will definitely Get It serviced

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk