The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:10 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I purchased a new Breitling Chronomat (Item #B13050) in December of 1994 at Hamilton Jewelers in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. I have proudly worn the watch almost daily since and have always used Authorized Breiltling Service Centers to work on it, most recently was sent to Breitling last October to be refurbished, several months later I noticed that the gold rider tabs were tarnished. I contacted Breitling and they asked me to send the watch back, they told me that the rider tabs were gold plated and offered to have me pay to have them replaced. After researching the Item number of the watch on-line I have come to understand that the rider tabs on my model came in solid gold. Breitling originally disputed this and later admitted that it was the case. I reached out to Thierry Prissert the president of Breitling USA and after several emails we spoke on the phone where he immediately accused me of looking for a “freebie”. All I asked that was he make this right. After that I was sent a letter from their legal counsel Mr. Budow insisting that my watch be returned. Breitling has now rescinded any offers to repair the watch, refused to repair it and insisted it be returned to me “as is”. Of note, my emails were professional in nature, despite Thierry’s arrogance and insults.
I have thoroughly enjoyed the watch but now find myself disgusted with the company and want anyone to reconsider ownership given that they take zero responsibility for their Authorized Service Centers and ownership of their brand. I also included Georges Kern and partners within CVC Capital Partners responsible for the acquisition and have heard nothing back. I’m at a loss to describe the leadership, I think Leon Breitling would not be proud. That said, Thierry has probably spent more in legal fees than it would have cost to remedy the problem? No more Breitling for me.
SW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:46 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
So Breitling advertised solid gold, then polished the plating off during routine maintenance, and now want to charge you to replace falsely advertised product that they themselves polished to death?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:43 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Breitling indicates that they were solid with solid gold. They are not now though always serviced by authorized Breitling service centers. This was discovered following the latest service at Breitling. Don't know if this answers your question, but all frustrating none the less.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:33 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
My suggestion is that if you have the email communication I would screen shot it and post them in here. If it were me and this happened I would put them on blast. If what you are saying really happened (and I’m not denying this) then you should show all perspective buyers your situation. Right now all we have is your disgruntled post with no proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickeyWatch likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:26 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
what a weird story....
as far as I am aware, all B13050 had solid gold rider tabs (mine certainly does), none of the Breitling watchmakers I spoke to remember seeing plated rider tabs on these. So I contacted a guy who specializes in spares for Breitling bracelets, bezels & rider tabs; he too has never seen or heard of plated tabs (and he's sold hundreds of them over the years).

Your watch is 26 years old - and has tabs mounted that Breitling for all we could verify has never manufactured or mounted on a Chronomat B13050. Any company I know of would just laugh at the request to have that "made right". Leon Breitling would be rightfully proud of BUSA trying to support you here.

Moana43 likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:34 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

WatchFred wrote:
what a weird story....
as far as I am aware, all B13050 had solid gold rider tabs (mine certainly does), none of the Breitling watchmakers I spoke to remember seeing plated rider tabs on these. So I contacted a guy who specializes in spares for Breitling bracelets, bezels & rider tabs; he too has never seen or heard of plated tabs (and he's sold hundreds of them over the years).

Your watch is 26 years old - and has tabs mounted that Breitling for all we could verify has never manufactured or mounted on a Chronomat B13050. Any company I know of would just laugh at the request to have that "made right". Leon Breitling would be rightfully proud of BUSA trying to support you here.

While you state the obvious with regards to the tabs should have and were at one point solid gold, they are not now, nor have I had them replaced. I have always used authorized service centers work on the watch. Take a look at the attached and you will see. How is it you are questioning "all we could verify", are you referring to the tabs? Breitling originally offered to replace the tabs with plated gold before offering solid gold.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:42 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 117 posts
boogiebot wrote:
My suggestion is that if you have the email communication I would screen shot it and post them in here. If it were me and this happened I would put them on blast. If what you are saying really happened (and I’m not denying this) then you should show all perspective buyers your situation. Right now all we have is your disgruntled post with no proof.

And he's gone...? We calling Bravo Sierra or?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:56 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
MickeyWatch wrote:

Maybe OP doesn't want to involve further.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:25 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 117 posts
bnewbie wrote:
MickeyWatch wrote:

I don’t know I just feel used and abused and cheapened like a one night stand...

bnewbie likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:20 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
MickeyWatch wrote:
bnewbie wrote:
MickeyWatch wrote:

I don’t know I just feel used and abused and cheapened like a one night stand...

Me too Mickey lol.