The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:41 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 20 posts
After owning over a dozen Planet Ocean versions the closest to perfection was the Limited Edition Liquid Metal and after regretfully selling it I’ve been on a quest to find the ultimate PO ever since. They’re always too big, too heavy or too uncomfortable. Even the 42mm 8500 version was too thick and uncomfortable for me. I’ve always been drawn to the PO as I think it’s an awesome looking diver but I’ve never been comfortable wearing a PO. I didn’t think the perfect PO would exist until now.

Last year Omega released the Deep Black; I’ve always wanted a ceramic PO. So I went to try it on and of course it was too big, too thick, and too uncomfortable. So I gave up on my quest to find the perfect PO. A few weeks ago I came across a social media post of a ceramic PO in 39.5mm. Nah that’s too small right? NOPE. I tried it on and it was perfection! Ceramic case, ceramic bezel, ceramic dial, ceratanium buckle and rubber strap. Thinner than the 43.5mm versions, lightweight since it’s ceramic and the lug-to-lug length is super short. Dial is nearly the size of a sub but the case is far smaller. I wore it for 10 days straight, sleeping, showering, working etc and it is absolutely the perfect PO (for me). The bezel doesn’t use liquidmetal technology and while at first I was disappointed I then realized that the white enamel applied diver scales make it ‘pop’ much more than the metallic looking liquidmetal scales.

Omega finally nailed a PO for the smaller wristed guys!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:31 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
Love it!!! I'll have to check that one out as well. I've always wanted a PO but have a small wrist myself and everytime I try one on I want it to fit but it never did.

That one looks perfect on you and glad to hear your search for the perfect one is over! Owning 12 different POs is crazy btw haha.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:03 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 20 posts
natesen wrote:
Love it!!! I'll have to check that one out as well. I've always wanted a PO but have a small wrist myself and everytime I try one on I want it to fit but it never did.

That one looks perfect on you and glad to hear your search for the perfect one is over! Owning 12 different POs is crazy btw haha.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Thanks....12 might be a little on the light side, I just counted 15 haha... This one is the perfect fit, all the other POs felt like a tuna can on my wrist. I love that the 8800 movement is thinner so the case fits under a dress cuff without a problem. It’s an expensive watch because for the use of ceramics but worth every penny for me to finally get a PO that I can enjoy without wishing it were different. Tim from Govbergs did an awesome Youtube review on this model. Check it out.