The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:47 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Okay, so I’m getting a little antsy and I’m reaching out to the forum for some encouragement. In October of 2018 I dropped off my new to me Breitling Navitimer Valjoux 7750 Navitimer 81610 black dial. I purchased the watch on chrono 24 and was dropped off the same day after snapping the shot that I attached. As this was my grail watched I wanted to make sure the thing was running like a top and wanted to create my own memories with this watch so I asked the AD to let Breitling know I wanted a complete overhaul done on it — I also asked the AD if they could see if Breitling would be willing to replace the dial with a blue one and they said they’ll see what they can do.

A few days later I get a call from the AD saying Breitlings estimate for the work was $1900.00. I was a little shocked due to seeing the prices on the website substantially lower but they stated they would be upgrading the 7750 from the 17 jewel movement to the 25 jewel movement, replace the crystal, replace the dial to a blue dial with new sub dials, all new hands, and I believe a new caseback. I proceeded with the order. About 2 months go by and I ask the AD for an update and they tell me they’ll look into it. I get a call back saying that a part that was back ordered and they would need to order it from Switzerland, my watch wouldn’t be done until May or June — I had to be at the mercy of the game then and I’ve been waiting priest ever since.

What can I expect to get back from Breitling at this point? I’ve been a little disappointed with my AD at the moment as I also ordered a nato strap for my Speedmaster about a month ago and apparently that was back ordered until the first week of April, then that goes by and the owner says it’s going to be a little longer. I’ve called back and the gentlemen who was helping me said he would call back... it’s been two days and still no follow up from my AD which has kind of been frustrating. I wanted to buy a Sea Master through them but I’m having a hard time justifying supporting them when they’ve failed to follow up with me on multiple occasions.

Anyways thanks for the sounding board for those who have made it this far. Hope to get my Navi back in the near future... six months for service is making me glad I bought the 7750 as I may never send back to the Breitling motherland or use an AD to ship my watch again :(

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:16 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
The servicing isn't really up to the AD especially if its a full service and changing the actual movement. The way they communicate is another issue and would definitely make me want to look for a new one. You ordered a NATO strap that could easily be done anywhere else within a week but yet your AD cannot even give you a simple answer. Move on and get with another store. Good luck.