It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My Chrono-matic 2130
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:29 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi.

I have a georgous Breitling Chrono-matic 2130 Reverse panda with awesome patinated sub dials.

Could you help me value the watch. It comes on a NOS vintage Breitling steel bracelet, but I preger a tan Bulang on this. Aprox 1970 and awesome condition.

Havent seen theese for sale in a Long time..
Thanks! Image

Sent fra min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: My Chrono-matic 2130
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:39 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
beautiful. these are among the very rare late models (actually it is the last model launched by Breitling, 1977).

valued above most of the Chrono-Matic, but due to rarity not too many reference points, roughly $/€ 3.k, maybe a bit above.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:38 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 364 posts
I’m not going to disagree on rarity at all (I wish I had one!) but I would temper the price expectation perhaps given the condition of the subdials. It’s a real mismatch to the rest of the watch (makes it a bit odd) and might put some prospective buyers off, but you never know.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:46 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

buddman wrote:
I’m not going to disagree on rarity at all (I wish I had one!) but I would temper the price expectation perhaps given the condition of the subdials. It’s a real mismatch to the rest of the watch (makes it a bit odd) and might put some prospective buyers off, but you never know.
Thanks for feedback:) I have a huge vintage Collection and this is always the piece people are most interested in when I get to show my different watches.
The picture may be a "victim" of instafilter. The sub dials are very Nice patinated with a "bronze" feel to it. This is what is always commented as really beautiful (be people I have met). But as you say, could of course be less tasty for others.

I Will see if I can find a netter picture of its actual presence.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:50 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Some more picsImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:54 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

WatchFred wrote:
beautiful. these are among the very rare late models (actually it is the last model launched by Breitling, 1977).

valued above most of the Chrono-Matic, but due to rarity not too many reference points, roughly $/€ 3.k, maybe a bit above.
Thanks for reply.

Yes, persobally I would guess 4k+, as I have got plenty offers from International buyers earlier. But that is a good while ago.

Here in Norway I guess i could get an Even higher price (over 5k) as people that have seen it in person has shown interest in it for aprox 5500$.

It is not going for sale, because I think it is crazy good looking, but this shoulf be a reference with high price potential for the fute - in my opinion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:21 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
one of those discussions....
maybe we should not offer valuations to owners here.

put it on auction and you'll see what the market thinks it is worth - you may find someone who is willing to pay 4k or even more, if he is searching for this particular model, but market "depth" for the Chrono-Matic is still weak and the general market quite soft at the moment, with some brands valuations dropping like stones recently.

When I say "3k or more" I am trying to give you a valuation that takes this into account & maybe is a bit conservative, but isn't that better than deluding yourself, even if you have a "huge vintage collection"? If you'd rather do the valuations yourself, why ask?

Dave, actually think the patina is nice and even here, would not think it would influence desirability?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:30 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

WatchFred wrote:
one of those discussions....
maybe we should not offer valuations to owners here.

put it on auction and you'll see what the market thinks it is worth - you may find someone who is willing to pay 4k or even more, if he is searching for this particular model, but market "depth" for the Chrono-Matic is still weak and the general market quite soft at the moment, with some brands valuations dropping like stones recently.

When I say "3k or more" I am trying to give you a valuation that takes this into account & maybe is a bit conservative, but isn't that better than deluding yourself?

Dave, actually think the patina is nice and even here, would not think it would influence "desirability"?
Just askinging for opinions. Not many of theese to see, and certiantly not for sale.
- As I havent done any research for a while.

I should have shared my numbers first off in the post

But yeah, guess it goes down to how much a person desire this specific reference.
This one goes back into the safe

Thanks for the input

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:23 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 364 posts
WatchFred wrote:
one of those discussions.... Dave, actually think the patina is nice and even here, would not think it would influence desirability?

Im personally not generally a fan of patinated/tobacco/chocolate/wabi/tropical... would much prefer crisp, white, clean and undamaged if I could. However, sometimes you don't get that option...

You do see pieces from time to time that patina does seem to enhance the appearance and it can be attractive. Ive seen a few black dialled gold/GF dress watches that that have made me go "wow".

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:10 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
buddman wrote:

Dave, oxidation is a common problem with these 2130 dials (even NOS). I'm courious is a correct signed movement is inside.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:17 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

cal_11 wrote:
buddman wrote:

Dave, oxidation is a common problem with these 2130 dials (even NOS). I'm courious is a correct signed movement is inside.
Cal 12 inside

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:56 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
buddman wrote:
WatchFred wrote:
one of those discussions.... Dave, actually think the patina is nice and even here, would not think it would influence desirability?

Im personally not generally a fan of patinated/tobacco/chocolate/wabi/tropical... would much prefer crisp, white, clean and undamaged if I could. However, sometimes you don't get that option...

You do see pieces from time to time that patina does seem to enhance the appearance and it can be attractive. Ive seen a few black dialled gold/GF dress watches that that have made me go "wow".

For me provenance trumps patination. Being a history buff, if there's a good story behind a piece I'm not too concerned about related patination.