The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:59 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I purchased a Navitimer b01 a while ago and I had noticed that the winding the watch was really difficult and it wasn't smooth at all. recently, I noticed that one of the chrono pushers is stuck and it is making winding the watch even more difficult. I noticed that a lot of B01 watches that are on sale on ebay are recently serviced with stickers on and people are getting rid of them. Given the relative age of these watches, are these highly problematic requiring premature service? Is there a way to fix these pushers without requiring a full service?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:32 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 78 posts
I have never encountered this issue on my Chronomat but I have experienced it on my Navi 01. Even if there is no issue on the Navi, winding it is not a good experience and sometimes your thumb and index finger can hurt after winding a few times. Well I don't think they want to destroy the classic look by enlarging the crown or using an onion crown on the Navi. This is one area though that I dislike about Navi. Not a big issue and I can live with it but not attentive enough to functional details IMO.

For your issue, it sounds like the inside of the Chrono pusher is stuck with dirt, and maybe even the crown as I don't know how difficult it is to wind your watch. If you find it really hard that you need to exert more than usual force to wind the watch, then it would appear that the inside of the crown is stuck with dirt too. It has happened to mine and I don't understand how so much dirt could make its way inside as I don't really wear my Navi that often.

No matter what I believe your Navi needs a trip to the service centre.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:42 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Thanks for the feedback. Did you send your navitimer in for a full service when you had the chrono' stuck. Trying to see if there is a way I can avoid giving $1000 to breitling

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:43 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 78 posts
My Navi was still under warranty so I just sent it in after which they serviced it and no problem ever since.