The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:52 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
All the details can be found over on Timezone. I'm a big fan of this but I'd like a date feature. I like the slightly larger size at 43mm. I'm curious to see what the premium on price will be compared to the SS version.

Ceramic Seamaster

Here's a picture.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:42 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
I could never get over the hands on the seamaster. I think those might be the ugliest hands of any watch. It's a great watch for the money but I hate the skeleton hands. Omega does a great job with their ceramics though.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:53 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I did see one member on TZ complain about those hands, and now that you mention it again, I do agree that the hands just don't look right.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:46 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
I actually like the hands for what it is, a tool watch. That whole update looks great actually.

That strap looks REALLY cool! Omega makes some of the best innovative straps I must say! Shame they are all curved for their watches only.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:11 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
natesen wrote:
I could never get over the hands on the seamaster. I think those might be the ugliest hands of any watch. It's a great watch for the money but I hate the skeleton hands. Omega does a great job with their ceramics though.

Couldn’t agree more. I have never liked those hands.

And, while we’re at it — I have never liked a broad arrow minute hand, either.

As far as ugliest — the Tudor snowflake gets my vote.

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:23 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
hate these hands too; always did.

Moana43 likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:19 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Moana43 wrote:
natesen wrote:

Couldn’t agree more. I have never liked those hands.

And, while we’re at it — I have never liked a broad arrow minute hand, either.

As far as ugliest — the Tudor snowflake gets my vote.

Now that I agree with! The one thing that kept me away from Tudor! Fantastic sub otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:21 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I think why most people dislike the hands and lack of date is that they don't know why the watch is that way. It is a thorough bred diving tool. The hands are extremely legible underwater, and the date is unnecessary., this was not designed for the office or the mall.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:29 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
Altair wrote:
I think why most people dislike the hands and lack of date is that they don't know why the watch is that way. It is a thorough bred diving tool. The hands are extremely legible underwater, and the date is unnecessary., this was not designed for the office or the mall.
I don't mind the lack of date at all. But I don't get how skeleton hands can possibly be more legible than fully lumed hands like the planet ocean? I would think that in a potentially darker under water environment the more lume the better. I thought that is why dive watches are generally so big on tons of lume. The skeleton hands only have that little bit of lume on the tip of the hands.

And even if the skeleton hands served some purpose they are still extremely ugly in my eyes :)

Agreed on the Tudor hands, I can't get over those hands enough to own one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:01 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
dislike the hands, agree tudor hands are ugly i also dislike rolex hands on most of their models too

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:17 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Altair wrote:

While I don't disagree with this, I think it's fair to say that most of these watches will never see water in their lifetime.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:38 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Funnily enough I actually really like the SMP handset. And the Tudor snowflake. And the Rolex Mercedes hands too! :D

I've owned 5 SMP's over the years - more than other model of watch I've owned, so I've definitely got a soft spot for them - and I really like the new SMP models too. I've tried on the latest 42mm version and the only thing I don't like is what they've done with endlinks. On a slightly larger wrist (i.e. mine) the end links "bulge" out a bit as they've changed them to try to make the bracelet fit smaller wrists a little better. For me, the new SMP wears much better on the rubber strap as there are obviously no endlinks to worry about.

I have to say this new ceramic and titanium 43mm version looks fantastic to me. The monochrome palate looks superb, and being no-data is no problem to me. I'm really looking forward to trying it for size.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:08 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

jnelson3097 wrote:
Altair wrote:

While I don't disagree with this, I think it's fair to say that most of these watches will never see water in their lifetime.

haha very true! A shame as taking out a finely made tool watch and doing what its designed to do is a real pleasure! There is NOTHING like diving with a Rolex Deep Sea and an Omega Planet Ocean. My first diving instructor used to say one is none two is one IE to have two of everything and to double the specs for everything including oxygen supply, so I routinely dive with a diver on each wrist. Great fun! I do not understand why people baby their watches if they intend to keep them, when the service time comes they will be polished up and actually using them for what they are designed to do is 90% of the fun.
I go swimming all the time with my Patek Nautilus and plan to do the same with the Aquanaut. If any of these fail under stress as they are rated, considering that I service them as recommended by their manufacturer, I would complain, post online, and completely boycott the brand. I am not paying my hard earned money to buy a fashion accessory that is supposed to do something, it better do it reliably and for a very long time.

I should be taking delivery of my H.Moser Pioneer Tourbillon soon, I intend to buy a waterproof camera and to do a photo series of that watch under all sorts of scenarios. My fiancé is very adventurous and we made a pact to spend the first two years of our marriage fulfilling her bucket list,which works for me! I will be taking that "All Terrain Tourbillon" sky diving, scuba diving, to the theater, desert camping, on a hunting safari, cigar lounges, etc. If she has her way we might do a bit of amateur mountain climbing (that one I am against, too much work :lol: )

I think its going to be a great series, and will test Moser's claims. I sent them an email letting them know :mrgreen:

Back to the original point, using your watches to the extreme is what its all about, the joy and memories you will develop far, far, FAR outweighs temporary battle scars!

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:13 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
Altair wrote:
Back to the original point, using your watches to the extreme is what its all about, the joy and memories you will develop far, far, FAR outweighs temporary battle scars!

I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment! And, the more experiences and adventures you have with a particular watch, the more it will mean every time you put it on your wrist. It’s all part of the fun of owning watches to begin with! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:34 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I do agree..The lack of date on it is quite unorthodox!