The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:03 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 49 posts
I'll be in Philly on Saturday--does anyone know any good AD's in that area?? (Kidding) I plan on stopping by Govberg and getting some wrist shots of the recent releases. I'll be sure to post pics if they turn out. Are all the recent releases in ADs these days? I am hoping to see the Premier B01 Panda, Premier Chrono 42, Premier Auto 40, Navi 8 Panda, Navi 8 Chrono Blacksteel, and Navi 1 Auto 38.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:41 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
I've seen the premiers and the Navi 8s in dealers so they are definitely out there. Have fun trying on all the new watches and I look forward to some pics! And have fun in Philly as well!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

mwheatley likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:52 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
Enjoy the time in Philly! I haven't been out there in a few years.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:53 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
mwheatley wrote:
I'll be in Philly on Saturday--does anyone know any good AD's in that area?? (Kidding) I plan on stopping by Govberg and getting some wrist shots of the recent releases. I'll be sure to post pics if they turn out. Are all the recent releases in ADs these days? I am hoping to see the Premier B01 Panda, Premier Chrono 42, Premier Auto 40, Navi 8 Panda, Navi 8 Chrono Blacksteel, and Navi 1 Auto 38.
I have yet to see the Super 8 in the flesh, all the ADs I have spoken to say it is order only as they don't make enough, smells a bit Rolex to me.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:03 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
Arcam wrote:
mwheatley wrote:
I have yet to see the Super 8 in the flesh, all the ADs I have spoken to say it is order only as they don't make enough, smells a bit Rolex to me.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

less rolexish and more about the Premiers flying out the doors so fast they are struggling to make them fast enough

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:20 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

/quote] less rolexish and more about the Premiers flying out the doors so fast they are struggling to make them fast enough[/quote]

I remember when the Super Avenger was such a hot watch for Breitling that the wait was around 8 weeks. Are their wait times for the new Premiers?

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:26 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
I have been to the Breitling boutique in Manhattan twice over the last cple months and they said they sell almost immedietly when they get them in. I got to see the panda once but haven't seen the blue yet as they had recently sold it both times I was there.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:30 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

natesen wrote:
I have been to the Breitling boutique in Manhattan twice over the last cple months and they said they sell almost immedietly when they get them in. I got to see the panda once but haven't seen the blue yet as they had recently sold it both times I was there.

Great news for Breitling! Bad news for me. I'll manage my expectations accordingly.

bstewart likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:39 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
mwheatley wrote:
Great news for Breitling!

It really is great news for Breitling. Nice to see!

bstewart likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:48 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
Premier are selling very, very well I hear - and the Super8 shares the caliber w/ the SOHII, so struggling hard to keep up w/ demand, no “Rolex smell” there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:14 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

We had to cut our trip to Philly a little short because of the storm that’s hitting the east. Instead of going to Govberg’s downtown location, I went to their suburban store. They didn’t have the watch and color configurations I was looking for, but I was able to handle and try on a couple of the new Premiers. It was hard for me to get a good sense of the watch with the head and bracelet shrink wrapped in plastic. I don’t like it, but I understand the need for it. I should note that I had great service from the sale associate.

I tried the Premier B01 Black eye blue and black chronograph. I really liked the dial color of the BEB. The blue is fantastic and the pics I’ve seen (including the one I took) don’t do it justice. To me, the case size is perfect. I really liked the proportions of the diameter, lugs, etc. it all worked for me. I also liked the engraved (is it engraved) side of the case. It’s really a winner and I look forward to the future dial colors.

I also tried the Preimer Chrono. I believe it’s the same case. If the case is different, I didn’t notice the differences. I really liked the black dial, but if I were going to go subs at 6, 9, and 12, I’d get an older Navi.

Overall, I think the premier is a winner. The only down side for me was the bracelet and clasp, but it’s a watch that I think looks much better on a strap anyway. Speaking of the strap, the push button deployant is fantastic.

The Premier Auto 40 was also very nice. I liked the slate dial color, but I’d prefer this one on a strap as well.

I snagged a new Chronolog as well! Great experience at Govberg even if I didn’t get to see all the watches I was hoping to see.

There is a newer boutique at the MGM national harbor not far from my house. I hope to visit that in the next couple weeks to see even more of the new releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 people like this post.