It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: UTC
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:22 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 168 posts
Hello chums!

So the UTC for my B1 stopped. Needs a new battery. Wander into my AD and they look up the cost. It’s an incredible £105.00. For you chaps in the USA $133.00

Opposite my AD is an independent Jeweller. So I thought hey let’s go see them.

UTC battery changed and the piece pressure tested £10.00. For our USA chums $13.00

The UTC had been wrapped in a soft cloth and presented back too me as good as new.

I love Breitling, anyone who knows me knows I’ve owned 18 over the years, and I currently have 8 in the safe.

However, I honestly feel that they are becoming rather stuck up their own bottoms... My AD said that Breitling service costs are now approximately 20% higher than Rolex. Not sure how accurate that is, but if it’s true, then Breitling really do have some explaining to do too their customers.

I quite like some of the new range, but will not be buying any of them.

I’m just very pleased I bought my collection when the prices were more realistic. I am not concerned about in-house movements, all of my watches run within COSC.

There, a little Thursday rant. Oh one more. I used to get chocolates and a calendar at Christmas from BUK. I haven’t had any for the last year or so. I guess I’m in someone’s bad books.

Happy holidays everyone!!!

2 people like this post.
 Post subject: Re: UTC
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:01 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
hi Davey,

i would agree with Service prices they are quite expensive, i dont think comparing with rolex is a far comparative i would expect breitling to cost more to service as rolex only make simple watches with minimal complications. more work servicing a chrono, 1461, PC etc that a date and time only model.

that said i think the SQ and Quartz servicing is pricey.

re new models i adore the premier range and will def be adding one, i like the in house movmenets and particularly like the display backs on them

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:00 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 168 posts
Hi Alex,

Some good points my friend.

I was quoted £480 to replace the batteries in my Emergency. That's quite nonsensical.

Whilst I like some of the new range, the prices are really out of my league now. I simply cannot afford them. 1st World Problems and all that.

Also, I'd really like to know if Breitling sold many watches at RIAT with the new format this year. No seating/viewing area, no "Hospitality." I spent 10 mins looking through a glass display cabinet at the new Emergency, whilst clearly having the original model on my wrist, and not a single person approached me.

Ah how I long for older times.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:54 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Damnfoolman wrote:
Hi Alex,

Some good points my friend.

I was quoted £480 to replace the batteries in my Emergency. That's quite nonsensical.

Whilst I like some of the new range, the prices are really out of my league now. I simply cannot afford them. 1st World Problems and all that.

Also, I'd really like to know if Breitling sold many watches at RIAT with the new format this year. No seating/viewing area, no "Hospitality." I spent 10 mins looking through a glass display cabinet at the new Emergency, whilst clearly having the original model on my wrist, and not a single person approached me.

Ah how I long for older times.

wow that's pricey on the Emergency, cant recall what mine cost last time.

i think there are opportunities to do things like RIAT better than they are now but also better than they were. i think part of the issue historically always was that the hospitality tent was 90% full on owners who had bought a breitling second hand or on the cheap or just one breitling and never had an intention of buying another. perhaps they would have been better off having an invite system?

Breitling also pulled most of the support for it and i think the AD was expected to foot the bill.

know what you mean re price, although i think the new pricing structure under Georges is more sensible than the previous management

see how the ground lies as the SKU numbers are reduced and the strategy evolves fully. for the first time in years i am liking whats coming out of the brand 2010-2017 was not great IMO but 2018 has produced some gems, the Premier Panda is a stunner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:50 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
alex** wrote:
hi Davey,

i would agree with Service prices they are quite expensive, i dont think comparing with rolex is a far comparative i would expect breitling to cost more to service as rolex only make simple watches with minimal complications. more work servicing a chrono, 1461, PC etc that a date and time only model.

re new models i adore the premier range and will def be adding one, i like the in house movmenets and particularly like the display backs on them

Servicing a ETA based chrono is not intensive by watch making standards.

As for Rolex having simple complications, they too have a chrono as well as the YM2 and skydweller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:54 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

boogiebot wrote:
alex** wrote:
hi Davey,

re new models i adore the premier range and will def be adding one, i like the in house movements and particularly like the display backs on them

Servicing a ETA based chrono is not intensive by watch making standards.

As for Rolex having simple complications, they too have a chrono as well as the YM2 and skydweller.

so a couple of relatively simple complications then. the big dates, B01,02,04,05 in house, 1461 calendars, annual calendars, perpetual calendars etc are presumably more taxing to service if the prices are anything to go by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk