The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Premier Models
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:34 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 20 posts
jnelson3097 wrote:
My collection is at 5 right now. I’ve got a SubC along with a Datejust 2 and the other 3 are Breitlings, my colt GMT, a Chronomat Airborne, and a Colt Skyracer. I’m adding another watch sometime within the next 4 or 5 months but it’ll likely be an Omega or a Tudor. I’m leaning towards the Tudor Heritage Chrono in blue over the Omega Mark 2 Rachg dial or maybe the original moon watch. I want something with a vintage vibe but in the $4-6K retail price range. The premier B01 chrono would be nice but I like the panda dial but I’ve already got one in the Airborne. A preowned Navi or even a Transocean is always possible as well. I need to plan a trip to Govberg once I decide on buying.

This whole forum has really died down in the past year or so. It’s really good to see some more interactions on here.

That’s quite the lineup!! How do you like the Airborne? I’ve always thought that was a nice looking watch. I’m down to one Breitling, the Avenger Blackbird 44. I love the dial and markers on that watch and how light it is, wears really well but I really wish someone at Breitling would get on the ceramic train, I’ve been saying that for years!! This watch would have been incredible in ceramic. I just recently picked up the new IWC Top Gun in 44mm. I’ve always loved the Top Gun but was never a fan of the all the Top Gun badging, this one doesn’t have the Top Gun badge on the case or the red airplane on the seconds hang. It’s a clean pilot watch and I love the black ceramic case. And my final watch is a watch I’ve never considered before, Rolex YachtMaster 40 in rhodium with blue seconds hand. The case on the Yachty is so much different than the Sub/GMT II case, the lugs curve along the top of my wrist and it feels much thinner than the other Rollie cases, I love it. That’s it for me but I will be adding a Premier next and I have a hankering for a Grey Side of the Moon but that would be preowned because their value sucks.

Where’s sharkman been??

What’s been the cause of reduced watch forum traffic? People have moved to other forms of social media to get their watch fix? I prefer forums because there is a ton of valuable info and good people. I’ll never have a facebook page, I despise that company!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:11 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
The Airborne is by far my favorite Breitling that has been released in the past few years. I love the dial color and the fact they used the more traditional bezel over the buck Rogers font. I can understand the love for an all black case Serge. I went the less expensive route with the Colt Skyracer which I can easily see being a watch most people on here don’t like. Yes, it’s a lot of money for a quartz watch but I love the weight of the Breitlight case. It’s a great everyday watch that I can use as a beater.

The blue dial YM is one of my favorites. I always think people overlook the YM but the blue dial with the platinum bezel is an awesome combination.

You’ll have to keep us posted on when you can get the Premier. I’ve really started to like the Panda dial but it’s not something I need with the Airborne not going anywhere.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:51 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I was seriously considering an Airborne earlier in the year, I.noticed Govbergs had a few preowned and I like them a lot. The more traditional bezel is 1000x nicer than the newer bezels that Breitling moved to. The 41 is a perfect size for me. Good call getting an Airborne. The skyracer is a cool model, more of a casual sporty watch which I like.

I wanted the Panda premier but now I’m on the fence and may go Blue since I wear a lot of blue dress shirts. I was never a fan of the YM’s platinum bezel but always loved the sunburst blue dial then all of the sudden my tastes changed and now I love the platinum bezel. I went with the rhodium dial because the grey dial and blue seconds hand just looks awesome. It’s not a model you see in the wild too often which I like.

Not my photo but i love it. **edit** I’ve been gone so long I don’t even know how to upload a photo. WTH happened to photobucket lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:28 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
agree with the above i havent really post in the last few years until the new line sparked my interest, as fred says its all FB and IG now

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:45 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
mfserge wrote:
I’ve been gone so long I don’t even know how to upload a photo. WTH happened to photobucket lol

:lol: It has been a while Serge! Good to see back around.

Photobucket (in their "wisdom" :roll: ) started to charge for hosting so unless you fancy paying (which no-one I know does!) you need to use something else. I use imgbb.com, which is free and dead easy to use.

Yeah, it's a real shame the forum has died off in terms of traffic and a lot of the long-standing members have left or just don't post as much. According to the logs, Sharkman last logged in in September this year, but he's not been a "poster" for a while now. The other main departure is Roff who vanished almost a year ago now, after making a massive contribution here with over 36,000 posts.

We've still got the members but a lot more lurkers as opposed to posters these days it seems.

Anyway, it's good to see you back again. :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:36 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Driver8 wrote:
mfserge wrote:
I’ve been gone so long I don’t even know how to upload a photo. WTH happened to photobucket lol

:lol: It has been a while Serge! Good to see back around.

Photobucket (in their "wisdom" :roll: ) started to charge for hosting so unless you fancy paying (which no-one I know does!) you need to use something else. I use imgbb.com, which is free and dead easy to use.

Yeah, it's a real shame the forum has died off in terms of traffic and a lot of the long-standing members have left or just don't post as much. According to the logs, Sharkman last logged in in September this year, but he's not been a "poster" for a while now. The other main departure is Roff who vanished almost a year ago now, after making a massive contribution here with over 36,000 posts.

We've still got the members but a lot more lurkers as opposed to posters these days it seems.

Anyway, it's good to see you back again. :thumbsup:

Been too long.... life got busy. Went back to school for my masters, had a second child, and got into another expensive hobby (firearms). That’s a fun hobby! Went a while without a watch but I’m glad to have some fine Swiss craftsmanship on my wrist again and super pleased to see Breitling creating something beautiful again.

I chatted with Roff a few years ago when he was liquidating for his retirement, never thought I’d see the day he sold a watch let alone ALL of them. Hopefully Breitling will continue to produce great watches and bring this form back to the glory days when a post would get a response within minutes.

le_baron likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:43 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

mfserge wrote:
I was seriously considering an Airborne earlier in the year, I.noticed Govbergs had a few preowned and I like them a lot. The more traditional bezel is 1000x nicer than the newer bezels that Breitling moved to. The 41 is a perfect size for me. Good call getting an Airborne. The skyracer is a cool model, more of a casual sporty watch which I like.

I wanted the Panda premier but now I’m on the fence and may go Blue since I wear a lot of blue dress shirts. I was never a fan of the YM’s platinum bezel but always loved the sunburst blue dial then all of the sudden my tastes changed and now I love the platinum bezel. I went with the rhodium dial because the grey dial and blue seconds hand just looks awesome. It’s not a model you see in the wild too often which I like.

Not my photo but i love it. **edit** I’ve been gone so long I don’t even know how to upload a photo. WTH happened to photobucket lol

You really should consider picking up an Airborne. Get that with the panda dial and the Premier in blue and you’re set.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:08 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

jnelson3097 wrote:
mfserge wrote:

You really should consider picking up an Airborne. Get that with the panda dial and the Premier in blue and you’re set.

I would but there are too many style similarities to my blackbird avenger. I’m trying to keep things completely different whereas in the past I’ve owned four navitimers at the same time lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:47 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
[/quote]
I would but there are too many style similarities to my blackbird avenger. I’m trying to keep things completely different whereas in the past I’ve owned four navitimers at the same time lol[/quote]

I didn't realize that having four navitimers was a problem! My thoughts are that as long as they have different dials you are good to go!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:17 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

56scooter wrote:

I would but there are too many style similarities to my blackbird avenger. I’m trying to keep things completely different whereas in the past I’ve owned four navitimers at the same time lol[/quote]

I didn't realize that having four navitimers was a problem! My thoughts are that as long as they have different dials you are good to go![/quote]

Yesterday at the Omega boutique, I showed my wife the classic Speedy and she said it looks too much like my Submariner. I said how do you figure and she said they’re both black. It’s the last time I ask for her opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:27 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
On a good note... That means you could pick up like 4 more black dialed watches and she would never know :)

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:28 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

jnelson3097 wrote:
56scooter wrote:

I would but there are too many style similarities to my blackbird avenger. I’m trying to keep things completely different whereas in the past I’ve owned four navitimers at the same time lol

I didn't realize that having four navitimers was a problem! My thoughts are that as long as they have different dials you are good to go![/quote]

Yesterday at the Omega boutique, I showed my wife the classic Speedy and she said it looks too much like my Submariner. I said how do you figure and she said they’re both black. It’s the last time I ask for her opinion.[/quote]

Having four navitimers isn’t a problem, at all, unless you want to have a variety then it’s redundant.

A speedy and a sub look alike??? Haha!! I understand her position tho, my wife asks me about pocketbooks and I think they all look alike.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:02 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 18 posts
mfserge wrote:
Been gone a loooooong time but had to come back to comment on the Premier. That panda is probably the nicest Breitling I’ve ever seen. Not just in new releases but EVER and I will certainly be getting one from Govbergs very soon. Stunning watch.

Holy cow! He’s alive!
Hey, Serge!

The reason you like the Premier line so much is because it reminds you of my Bentley Mark VI. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter

BREITLING for Bentley Motors T & Mark VI, Aerospace
ROLEX Submariner Ceramic116610LN
OMEGA Plantet Ocean 8500 42mm Orange arabics
OCEAN7 LM-3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:09 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
just wanted to add: having four Navitimers isn‘t a problem, it is the bare minimum.

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:50 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

mfserge wrote:

If I recall, didn’t you have all variations of the Navi 01 limited editions?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next