Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: More service stories
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:25 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 14 posts
Just dropped off my wife's orange Emergency with the orange UTC bracelet at the NYC Boutique after getting the EOL flash on the display. I went back and checked the last service record, as well as checking the service records for the other Emergencies in the house. The batteries consistently die at about 26-28 months. I admit that it bugs the crap out of me to keep having to do full services on all of the SQ watches every two years, not to mention the cost at about $500 and the month or two delay. Were it an Omega, I could have dropped it at the Boutique and picked it up the next day at about 10 percent of the cost. The woman who took the repair in promptly placed the watch so that it toppled face down on the table. When I righted it and asked her not to do that, she was perfectly nonplussed. I also dropped of my titanium Seawolf for a full service and new crystal. She immediately asked me if it also needed a new battery...[!]. I politely suggested that she should get to know the watches that Breitling has sold in the past, and that no, it did not need a battery. The best part is that she then asked my why I was dropping it off if it didn't need a battery.......really. How has the brand sunk to such a level of service?

3 people like this post.
 Post subject: Re: More service stories
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:02 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 730 posts
Sent a dead Citizen Eco Drive Minute Repeater (sentimental value piece) to the UK service centre on Friday. Quote for repair emailed to me yesterday. £121 for repair, service & new deployant leather strap & clasp. Estimated time to complete 10-15 days. Another email sent today from the watchmaker responsible for the repair/service to confirm watch had been passed to her and to give me her name. I have never received this level of service from Breitling. The Citizen brand has just gone way up in my estimation. Breitling have much to learn about how they treat high paying customers.

Citizen Eco Drive AT4000-02E (for gardening)
Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:27 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
Here's a surprise for you. I sent a Superocean to BUSA for complete service on May 5th, they finished the service on May 26th and had it back in the mail to me. Came back as looking good as new and running very accurate.

I was pleasantly surprised! :D

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:49 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Just received the estimate from BUSA for the Seawolf. It was the expected $480 for the service but there was no mention of a new crystal...the only reason that I brought it in for service was to have the crystal replaced. Of course, I said that to the saleswoman several times, but it apparently had no impact. How the watch maker who did the estimate could have missed that the crystal was toast, I cannot fathom. Maybe everyone was looking for the correct battery... :guns:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:09 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
I had my Blackbird serviced last year, full overhaul, came back and after a day the date stopped working. sent it back under service warranty, they did stuff sent it back and two days later same thing.

sent it back again and had great interaction from the head of service, they ended up replacing the movement, keeping it an extra month at my request to ensure it cycled for a full 31 days and since it came back its not missed a beat.

most important thing to me is how they reacted when it came back still broken, happy with the end result and the way service handled it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:04 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
How many emergencies do you have Termite?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:46 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

bstewart wrote:
How many emergencies do you have Termite?

Down to two. In addition to the orange face, I also have a military frequency black face with a utc bracelet. In the last few years I have probably had about 6 or 7 in every color.