Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: UTC movement ident
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:44 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
Can anyone please confirm which of the following Ronda732(1032) quartz movements fit the UTC module: 81500 61072 61172

MOVMENT RONDA 732/1032 2 HANDS FAR EAST HOUR WHEEL HEIGHT 1.03MM TOTAL HEIGHT 3.20MM
MOVMENT RONDA 732/1032 HCP2 HOUR WHEEL HEIGHT 1.33MM TOTAL HEIGHT 3.50MM
MOVMENT RONDA 732/1032 HCP3 HOUR WHEEL HEIGHT 1.73MM TOTAL HEIGHT 4.00MM

Also suppliers of this quartz movement offer hand replacements too but various lengths of the .40/.80mm opening size/type. For <$10 I'll forego BUSA service charges with my competent watchmaker instead; fresh hands at each service as recommended. Anyone on the correct hands' length measurements? <no intention on resale or resale factory configuration authenticity as i just want to wear what i wear>

BTW you might find the following BUSA response interesting:

Good Afternoon,
Regretfully we would be unable to take the movement from the 12 hour UTC and install it in a 24 UTC. It is also strict Breitling policy that parts are not returned. This helps prevent counterfeit or “frankenstein” watches from being produced using authentic Breitling parts.

Good for us all in maintaining our Breitlings values but due diligence required when buying&selling in the resale market!!

Lastly........is it true that the 24hr movement differs <vs 12hr> only in the additional gears necessary for the recalibration of the positioning of hour & minute hands within the 360 degrees of the dial; would that require a different "flavor" of Ronda movement?

Thanks to all in advance

Last edited by trymph on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: UTC movement ident
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:00 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
In trying to understand 24hr UTC functionality I found this from:
Post subject: Silly questionPostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:32 pm

JacksonStone wrote:
It's a UTC module (Coordinated Universal Time), which keeps time for a second time zone, or possibly a third if the watch to which it is attached already has a GMT function. The modules are typically in 24 hour time, so one revolution of the hour hand equals 24 hours, rather than twelve.

12hr movement in a 24hr dialed UTC DOESNT WORK to plainly show military time duhhhhh 24 increments vs 12 wont line up!!!