The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:42 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 2 posts
Arcam wrote:
I think they need outside help to fix this issue, the trouble is if they fix it they have sold a lot of B55s and the cost to fix all the one in circulation would be high/damaging to their reputation.

I am not sure I fully understood your point, but I strongly believe this is software issue, but not hardware and it can be fixed with firmware/app update that can be distributed easily/widely over the air in a few minutes to all watch owners + attract new B55 buyers.
Different point that "connected" features are not in-house built, but likely outsourced, as having no experience in the area for Breilting to engineer this by themselves from scratch, it was easier/more wise to buy OOTB bluetooth features and just join it with groundwork they had for B50 to receive B55. Taking into account this and answering the question "what does their current behaviour mean?" - they do not want to invest more in this outsource part to get software working reliably as well as move this to "in house" and support by themselves + develop this, in turn, means we should probably not expect more connected models from Breilting and B55 will be the start and the end in this (erroneously chosen?) path. Further investments in B50, but not in B55, is confirming this (new models arrived, inducing diamondworks). B60 is just another reincarnation/representation of Aerospace and doesn't say for anything here, but just illogical index increase for less features expected from Professional series.

The only question (with negative shade unfortunately) remains - "how long the app/watch will get support for smartphones?". The answer you received from Breitling and cited above, says basically "not too long", because this is "the absolute master" without any connectivity features.

I would be happy if I am wrong with my judgements :)

Arcam likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:05 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 1 post
Had very similar problems, I have an I phone 7. The watch has been replaced once as it fails to sync with the phone when an up date is attempted. The watch has failed 3 times in total now , I am unable to reset it myself it has to be returned to the retailer or Breitling. Really fed up with it to the point that I have now taken legal action against the retailer. Poor quality and service from a good retailer and premium product.

Arcam likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:12 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
--Alex-- wrote:
Arcam wrote:
I think they need outside help to fix this issue, the trouble is if they fix it they have sold a lot of B55s and the cost to fix all the one in circulation would be high/damaging to their reputation.

I am not sure I fully understood your point, but I strongly believe this is software issue, but not hardware and it can be fixed with firmware/app update that can be distributed easily/widely over the air in a few minutes to all watch owners + attract new B55 buyers ....

I would be happy if I am wrong with my judgements :)

Sorry Alex, I guess I did not make myself understood very well. I think that BS need to employ outside help to resolve the issue once and for all, Casio (for one) can keep the connection without killing the battery and I am not even talking about smart (Android/Apple) watches.

I hope it is not a hardware issue and it can be resolved in software, if it is a HW issue the point I was making would be the cost to BS to update all the faulty B55s out there as it will require them to go to the service centre for new modules.

I still can't understand why BS got it and keeps getting it so wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:43 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

EXOSPACE B55 YACHTING? We should expect changes? :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:33 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

--Alex-- wrote:
EXOSPACE B55 YACHTING? We should expect changes? :)
Can't see the point in that model but hey why not, after all Omega and Rolex make one

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 1 post
Well, I eventually got my money back for the B55, wouldn't touch a B55 connected watch again. Breitling were pretty poor throughout, I had to go legal again the retailer.
Bought a new Omega Planet Ocean in Gold and Steel, beautiful watch and far happier.
I don't think I could ever be tempted to buy a Breitling ever again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:07 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Jamesy wrote:
Well, I eventually got my money back for the B55, wouldn't touch a B55 connected watch again. Breitling were pretty poor throughout, I had to go legal again the retailer.
Bought a new Omega Planet Ocean in Gold and Steel, beautiful watch and far happier.
I don't think I could ever be tempted to buy a Breitling ever again.
Good effort BS are very arrogant and the only way they may get the message is if enough retailers complain about the B55 issues.

Unfortunately most of them will just feed back the BS BS until they get hit with having to refund money.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:23 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello
Ive had the B55 for the past 2 year + and never had a problem until last week it updated a firmware to the B55 and since im unable to connect.
Called Breitling and explain all I did (deep sleep the watch, deleted app re installed the app iPhone off/pn ...) and was told that I did all I could and at this point the only solution is to send it in for a hard reset that should fix the issue.
crossing my finger and sending the watch in next week.
Regards

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:34 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Will they charge you for that as your watch is out of warranty ... unless you had it serviced in the last 12th months.

What phone are you pairing it with?
capthadi wrote:
Hello
Ive had the B55 for the past 2 year + and never had a problem until last week it updated a firmware to the B55 and since im unable to connect.
Called Breitling and explain all I did (deep sleep the watch, deleted app re installed the app iPhone off/pn ...) and was told that I did all I could and at this point the only solution is to send it in for a hard reset that should fix the issue.
crossing my finger and sending the watch in next week.
Regards

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:41 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

With move to S9 and latest updates for my B55 I can admit connection issues are fixed. Almost all notifications are "ok" and the app has no problems with connection to the watch. Incredible (fingers crossed :) What about you guys?

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:52 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Great to hear Alex, must say the "almost all" is an improvement but still not acceptable to me.
--Alex-- wrote:
With move to S9 and latest updates for my B55 I can admit connection issues are fixed. Almost all notifications are "ok" and the app has no problems with connection to the watch. Incredible (fingers crossed :) What about you guys?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:56 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hello,

I just purchased an Exospace B55 yachting today and I can't success to connect the watch to my iphone. I tried with an iPhone 8 and with an iPhone X.

I activated the bluetooth on iphones, concerning watch I set settings>connect>ON.

When I launch the app, nothing happen. I press "connection" I have a pop up with "connect to" but the list is empty.

(My first diagnostic is that the bluetooth of the watch is out of order....)

Do you have any idea ?

Thank your for your help !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:23 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I just purchased Bentley super sport. P1 and P2 don’t work. Phone keeps disconnecting tried everything reset etc. now rest doesn’t work. Ready to return watch. Great shame love the design and feel of the watch.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:25 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Sorry, I missed this question.

It sounds like one of the connection issues we all got, I believe Breitling updated the instructions to change the procedure, did you check the B55 "subsite", it's off the main Breitling Web site? Failing that back to your AD and get your money back whilst you can.
PaulB68 wrote:
Hello,

I just purchased an Exospace B55 yachting today and I can't success to connect the watch to my iphone. I tried with an iPhone 8 and with an iPhone X.

I activated the bluetooth on iphones, concerning watch I set settings>connect>ON.

When I launch the app, nothing happen. I press "connection" I have a pop up with "connect to" but the list is empty.

(My first diagnostic is that the bluetooth of the watch is out of order....)

Do you have any idea ?

Thank your for your help !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:29 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Agreed, a real shame that B can't sort this issue, £100 smart watches don't have this problem, I am sorry to say get your money back if possible as a repair will not sort this issue unless B really get to the bottom of these issues.

Their last statement to me indicated the "connected" feature was secondary to the main purpose of the watch and disconnects were "normal".
Mjb010559 wrote:
I just purchased Bentley super sport. P1 and P2 don’t work. Phone keeps disconnecting tried everything reset etc. now rest doesn’t work. Ready to return watch. Great shame love the design and feel of the watch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next