Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Breitling regret.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:00 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
First post. For my 18th birthday I was given an Air King by my uncle and from then until about 44 I wore nothing else. Then I fancied something new and bought this in Birks. I wore it happily for a year, enjoyed its versatility and adaptability. Felt heavy in a good way, kept great time, pushers were responsive and definite, awesome lume etc.
Then I was looking around online (I know, my first mistake) and I felt and saw a distinct lack of appreciation and love for the brand. Fast forward I traded it at a horrible loss for a B&R (insert eye roll emoji here) and on and on until I'm here now having had two Explorer 2s, a GMT master, a Planet Ocean GMT, a Sinn, an IWC, a Panerai etc etc. I'm now wearing a lovely Omega Grey Side of the Moon which is a stunning piece but a little fragile and the straps not quite hefty enough. I think back to the Avenger and how it did everything I needed a watch to do and how I regret selling it because of what other people about it rather than what I thought.
Anyway. Tldr. Just wanted to chime in. If you have a mint Navi, hit me up. Cheers. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

3 people like this post.
 Post subject: Re: Breitling regret.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:10 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 43 posts
Nice collection you have there. I agree!. Buy what YOU like!. I love the Navitimer!!!. Download the watchrecon app. You’ll find tons of mint Navitimers for sale. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:19 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 86 posts

You have a lot of company with your story. I traded this one years ago and even tried to hunt down the guy that bought it. Unfortunately the store did not have a record of who bought it and I miss it terribly. At the time it seemed to be the right move, I did buy another Breitling with the funds, but that doesn't help. Hope you find the Nav. you are looking for. I have an older one and it will not be going anywhere.

Ps: That Omega is a beauty.
Frank.

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Well, as Frank said, you're most definitely not alone(!), but I'm always of the opinion that this watch hobby of ours is very much a journey that never really reaches an "end state". I've been into watches pretty much from about the age of 6 or 7 (I'm in my 40's now), and my collection still changes even to this day; I've both bought watches I've regretted buying and regretted selling some watches that I've sold, and I still learn new things every day. That's part of the fun IMO! :thumbsup:

Jimbogregs wrote:
I'm now wearing a lovely Omega Grey Side of the Moon which is a stunning piece but a little fragile

By the way, in what way have you found the GSOTM fragile? Just curious as one of my mates has one and I've never heard anything about fragility from either him, or more generally.

Site Moderator

Helderberg likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:07 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

When I say fragile I only mean in comparison to the Avenger which I'm confident could have been used as a weapon. My only issue is it's not really waterproof.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:08 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Helderberg wrote:

You have a lot of company with your story. I traded this one years ago and even tried to hunt down the guy that bought it. Unfortunately the store did not have a record of who bought it and I miss it terribly. At the time it seemed to be the right move, I did buy another Breitling with the funds, but that doesn't help. Hope you find the Nav. you are looking for. I have an older one and it will not be going anywhere.

Frank.
That's a handsome piece. One is up for sale in Canwatchco. Tempted....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:23 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 86 posts
Jimbogregs wrote:
Helderberg wrote:

Frank.
That's a handsome piece. One is up for sale in Canwatchco. Tempted....

When I sold my Avenger Skyland I put the funds into this. Still miss the Skyland.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:45 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Jimbogregs wrote:
When I say fragile I only mean in comparison to the Avenger which I'm confident could have been used as a weapon. My only issue is it's not really waterproof.

Ah, OK I see. Yes the GSOTM is definitely more "refined" compared to the rugged, go-anywhere look of the Avenger. Although to be fair to the GSOTM, the ceramic case is considerably more scratch resistant than steel. Beautiful watch.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:38 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Great collection! You are definitely not alone. My collection changes even to this day!