The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:12 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 8 posts
Has anyone had any experience with the 40mm version of the Montbrillant, which I understand to be a Limited Edition of 500 pieces and recently discontinued, in terms of comfort, function, accuracy, value for the price, etc. If so, please share! Thank you (Image below...)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:56 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
When the watch was first released I had the opportunity to view the watch on the navitimer bracelet at the Boutique in NYC. Although I thought it was a little too small for my wrist my wife tried it on and fell in love with it and it's number, #1/500! A couple of hours later it was on her wrist and she loves it. Sporting a 6 1/2 to 6 3/4 wrist the watch is perfect for her. With my 8" wrist I felt it was a little small. The B01 has performed flawlessly since purchase, unfortunately the accuracy has never been measured as the watch is worn in rotation with several others! When purchasing, I would look for an AD who still may have one in stock. You should be able to purchase at at discount because it has been discontinued and I do not believe that it was extremely popular. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:17 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 8 posts
56scooter wrote:
When the watch was first released I had the opportunity to view the watch on the navitimer bracelet at the Boutique in NYC. Although I thought it was a little too small for my wrist my wife tried it on and fell in love with it and it's number, #1/500! A couple of hours later it was on her wrist and she loves it. Sporting a 6 1/2 to 6 3/4 wrist the watch is perfect for her. With my 8" wrist I felt it was a little small. The B01 has performed flawlessly since purchase, unfortunately the accuracy has never been measured as the watch is worn in rotation with several others! When purchasing, I would look for an AD who still may have one in stock. You should be able to purchase at at discount because it has been discontinued and I do not believe that it was extremely popular. Good luck!

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback 56scooter! I have encountered an available one, BNIB, so I appreciate the timing of your response. Like your wife's wrist, mine is approx. 6.75, therefore anything beyond a 40mm case, even 42mm, tends to wear a bit too prominently. From what I can find through online searches, including Breitling's official site, it appears that all current Montbrillant and Navitimer models exceed 40mm, some by substantial margins, which would take those lines out of the running completely. What I like most about this 40mm version is the B01 movement. I've always viewed column wheel movements as the gold standard, especially those with a vertical clutch, and the fact that this one has a Breitling pedigree -- in other words manufactured in-house by a brand known for generations for its desirable sports chronographs -- adds considerably to the cache of this model. The B01 really rises above the crowd when one considers that Breitling, throughout at least its modern history, used pretty much exclusively ETA-based movements (e.g. 2892's, 7750's, etc.) and I believe still does in other models, though I recognize that the B01 is now found in quite a few models, not just the 40mm Montbrillant.

Anyway, again many thanks for the very thoughtful feedback! Appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:29 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
I have this watch and I have similarly-sized wrists and it fits beautifully. It's the navitimer style in a smaller case with a very nice blue dial. I have had no issues with mine thus far

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk