The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I purchased a Breitling Avenger II from Watchmaxx ("grey market") about 7 months ago. The watch came brand new and I was pleased.

Oddly enough, about 4 months into wearing the watch the top right pusher popped off (see attached). I assume I smacked it on an object or something of that nature. I was of course disappointed but the watch continued to run flawlessly but it obviously looked odd having a watch with a hole for where the pusher once was. I immediately reached out to Watchmaxx for a repair and they said they would be happy to help so I sent it in to their "repair center"....

Fast forward 3 months!

After hounding Watchmaxx for repair updates on something that should take ~1 minute to fix (pop in a new pusher) they return the watch to me claiming "We are really sorry for what happened here my watchmaker; he had a sudden emergency and had to go out of the country." They then sent me back the watch. Essentially the watch sat there in the box and 12 weeks and, I assume, was never touched. At this point I'm furious. But wait, their is more...

Of course upon receiving I wound the watch 40 turns as instructed in the original manual. To my surpise, MY WATCH DOES NOT TICK! So not only did they not repair the pusher after having the watch at their "facility" for 3 months, they managed to somehow return it in a state where the watch is not running as it was before.

I'm at a loss for what to do. Does anybody have advice for "restarting" a Breitling after it has been stagnant for 3 months? I'm more worried about getting this portion of the watch up and running before even beginning to deal with the headache of replacing the pusher. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:39 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
Although a grey dealer did the watch not come with the Breitling electronic warranty card and therefore Breitling will look into the issue for you?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Quote:
Although a grey dealer did the watch not come with the Breitling electronic warranty card and therefore Breitling will look into the issue for you?

The generally used definition of a grey market dealer is someone who sells a brand new watch without the manufacturer's warranty in place. Some may offer their own warranty in place of the original manufacturer's warranty. Unfortunately, with Breitling, these warranties have little value because they do not have access to parts from Breitling. This is one of the perils of buying from grey market dealers. However, sometimes the difference in purchase price in more than enough to cover the cost of a service by Breitling or other manufacturer!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:11 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
I accept what you say but in Europe at least from my experience I have always been given the assurance that a new watch will come with the official warranty.
56scooter wrote:
Quote:

The generally used definition of a grey market dealer is someone who sells a brand new watch without the manufacturer's warranty in place. Some may offer their own warranty in place of the original manufacturer's warranty. Unfortunately, with Breitling, these warranties have little value because they do not have access to parts from Breitling. This is one of the perils of buying from grey market dealers. However, sometimes the difference in purchase price in more than enough to cover the cost of a service by Breitling or other manufacturer!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk