Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:31 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
Hi everyone.

Having admired a few Breitling watches for a while, I have finally taken the plunge.

I’ve bought a lightly used Montbrillant 01 limited (with blue face and strap). It arrived a few days ago and I love it.

It came from an online dealer (reputable), and knowing that you have to be careful of fakes, I’ve since taken it to my local AD who said it looked absolutely genuine and they were happy with it. Of course they did say that the only true way to be absolutely sure that a watch is 100% genuine is to send it back to the Breitling factory for them to check the serial number, but I’d rather not do that if I don’t have to as I’m enjoying wearing it!

My only slight concern is that I’ve read a couple of times before that some models have a number stamped between the 6 o’clock lugs, which is essentially its birthday, but mine doesn’t seem to have this. The AD didn’t mention anything about it and seemed very happy with it, so I’m wondering if they didn’t stamp this model and whether I’m being a bit paranoid, or whether something is wrong after all.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:37 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi all.

An update to my own query!

I happened to speak to Breitling service centre this morning, who were fantastically helpful.

Apparently they don’t date stamp all cases, especially those with smaller faces and straps, so the fact that mine doesn’t appear to have a date stamp didn’t worry them at all.

They even went one step further and confirmed that the serial number on the watch is correct for the type of watch, which with all the other reassurances is great news.

I think I’m still going to send it back to Breitling for a certificate of authenticity, but it was great to learn more about the date stamping and to speak to such a helpful person.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:16 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 10 posts
Hello mate. I bought a Navi 01 with no papers but the original box. Sent it to Breitling and they sent it back with a certificate of authenticity for the sum of £50. So it's well worth doing imo.

Breitling Transocean 1915
K.Grun & Sohne Legatum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:24 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Shane1984 wrote:
Hello mate. I bought a Navi 01 with no papers but the original box. Sent it to Breitling and they sent it back with a certificate of authenticity for the sum of £50. So it's well worth doing imo.

Thanks buddy. I’ve pre-registered with Breitling and it’s going back for the authenticity next week- small price to pay.

How long does it take for them to come back to you? They suggested a week?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:27 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Really impressed with Breitling’s customer service. Within 5 days of sending to them, it’s already back, with regular updates, and with its certificate.