The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:06 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Went to a very highly respected Breitling repair company today. They have been repairing Breitling for over 20 years. I was informed that all 350 Independent Breitling dealers are being discontinued. Breitling will no longer supply parts to them.
Reasons?
All repair will need to be in house. Can they handle the volume? Is this a way to control the market and jack up the repair prices?
The repair dealer I use has no problem. He has more work from other brands then he can handle.
Is this how you reward loyal repair centers after 20 years?
Thought?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:51 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
grandcruyacht wrote:
Went to a very highly respected Breitling repair company today. They have been repairing Breitling for over 20 years. I was informed that all 350 Independent Breitling dealers are being discontinued. Breitling will no longer supply parts to them.
Reasons?
All repair will need to be in house. Can they handle the volume? Is this a way to control the market and jack up the repair prices?
The repair dealer I use has no problem. He has more work from other brands then he can handle.
Thought?

Unfortunate, but it’s called vertical integration.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:16 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 36 posts
grandcruyacht wrote:
Reasons?
Thought?

Yep, the one in Miami was cut off from the authorized repair network. Very sad state of affairs at Breitling these days. The service center here in Miami has been authorized by Breitling since 1993 and I can vouch for their high level of service, dedication and professionalism. The owner is a fantastic individual that cares about your timepiece as if it was his own.

I will still give him my business and will continue to trust my Aerospace to his care. Can’t say the same about the declining BUSA service center in CT.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:17 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 36 posts
arcadelt wrote:
grandcruyacht wrote:
Reasons?
Thought?

Unfortunate, but it’s called vertical integration.

It’s called greed!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:12 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 30 posts
avantgardetime wrote:
I will still give him my business and will continue to trust my Aerospace to his care. Can’t say the same about the declining BUSA service center in CT.

Sounds like you have a horror story with the service center in CT. Care to share?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:43 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
avantgardetime wrote:
Yep, the one in Miami was cut off from the authorized repair network. Very sad state of affairs at Breitling these days. The service center here in Miami has been authorized by Breitling since 1993 and I can vouch for their high level of service, dedication and professionalism. The owner is a fantastic individual that cares about your timepiece as if it was his own.

I talked with the owner last week and he indicated how disappointed he was with losing Breitling repair work. My understanding was he's not taking any Breitling repair work in now because he can't get parts if needed so I sent my Aerospace up to BUSA. A week later I get the atypical condition report from BUSA "Crystal Scratched, Crystal Antiglare Scratched, Dial Spotted, Rider Scratched, Bezel Scratched, Bezel Dented, Case Scratched, Case Dented, Crown Dented, Crown Scratched." All of which I never noticed and not really worried about. Nothing about the hands moving backwards which was my main concern.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:42 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
vintage wrote:
I talked with the owner last week and he indicated how disappointed he was with losing Breitling repair work. My understanding was he's not taking any Breitling repair work in now because he can't get parts if needed so I sent my Aerospace up to BUSA. A week later I get the atypical condition report from BUSA "Crystal Scratched, Crystal Antiglare Scratched, Dial Spotted, Rider Scratched, Bezel Scratched, Bezel Dented, Case Scratched, Case Dented, Crown Dented, Crown Scratched." All of which I never noticed and not really worried about. Nothing about the hands moving backwards which was my main concern.

I went on the new site the other day to check what authorized service centers were available and the only one that they direct you to is BUSA in CT, no others listed. Your story worries me because I just had to send in a piece for service and don't want anything extra done other than the complete overhaul to movement. I haven't heard back from them yet on their estimate for 'recommended' repairs :shock: .

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:47 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

so does this mean it's not possible to have modern Breitlings that have eta based movement serviced by independent guy anymore?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:43 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Unless you need just a battery they will not get parts! Plus, your movement will be swapped if its a complete service at Breitling, they are not overhauling your same movement any longer either!! Your gonna get some other guys movement that has been "refurbished" :shock: :cry:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:09 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Does anyone know a good watchsmith in the NJ area?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:37 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
alexjack92 wrote:

You can use Govberg Watch Repair in Philadelphia.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:10 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
jnelson3097 wrote:
alexjack92 wrote:

As a data point, I used Govberg for minor service on a piece not long ago with poor results. Don't think I'll be using them again.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:54 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
Kodiak wrote:
jnelson3097 wrote:
alexjack92 wrote:

As a data point, I used Govberg for minor service on a piece not long ago with poor results. Don't think I'll be using them again.

I've had 3 Breitlings have a complete overhaul at Govberg and they did an outstanding job with a quick turnaround.

Breitling Colt GMT
Omega Seamaster GMT "Great White"
Omega Speedmaster X-33
Rolex GMT Master IIc
Bremont ALT1-ZT

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:26 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
jerhal wrote:
I've had 3 Breitlings have a complete overhaul at Govberg and they did an outstanding job with a quick turnaround.

My Colt GMT has been there twice for routine service and both times were excellent with quick turnaround times.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:59 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
Watchdude125 wrote:
Unless you need just a battery they will not get parts! Plus, your movement will be swapped if its a complete service at Breitling, they are not overhauling your same movement any longer either!! Your gonna get some other guys movement that has been "refurbished" :shock: :cry:

This is interesting to hear that they will swap the movements. Is this info from someone 100% reliable? Has anyone else heard it?