Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Strap choices
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:05 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
Looks like the rationalization is continuing at Breitling. Called my dealer today to order a camel colored croco strap for my SOH and he indicated that is it no longer available. In looking at the website it would appear that a lot of the cool color straps are now MIA. Bummer as I like to mix it up a bit with different straps. Had to go to Fleabay.

mktbubble74 likes this post.
 Post subject: Re: Strap choices
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:45 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 5 posts
superpop wrote:
Looks like the rationalization is continuing at Breitling. Called my dealer today to order a camel colored croco strap for my SOH and he indicated that is it no longer available. In looking at the website it would appear that a lot of the cool color straps are now MIA. Bummer as I like to mix it up a bit with different straps. Had to go to Fleabay.

This is true. As soon as I saw the new website and product offerings I called my AD and ordered a black/Arabic SuperAvenger II that I'd had my eye on for a couple years. Fortunately he was able to grab one from the BUSA distribution center before they were eliminated and/or sold out of the current stock.

If you liked anything from the 2017 catalog I'd say act now because that stuff won't be around very much longer.....and that includes the accessories as you've unfortunately discovered.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:53 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 30 posts
superpop, have you considered looking into commissioning your own custom straps?
the world is your oyster if you want to have something done that will be unique to you and your style.

These are straps I had done for my navitimer: orange ostrich | purple python | orange alligator

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:24 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 844 posts
Great straps you got made, I got one made from a Germany maker and strap was incredible, but nothing compares to the thickness and quality of the Breitling straps. That’s just my opinion being in the jewelry buisness, I never seen a strap that was even close to Breitlings

1 Super avenger night mission
1 Limited edition chronomat Boston Celtics
Navitimer GMT
Transocean Chronograph Unitime
2 Omega planet ocean chronographs
1 Tag heuer Monaco

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:32 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Watch nut wrote:
Great straps you got made, I got one made from a Germany maker and strap was incredible, but nothing compares to the thickness and quality of the Breitling straps. That’s just my opinion being in the jewelry buisness, I never seen a strap that was even close to Breitlings

breitling straps are always amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:14 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Watch nut wrote:
...nothing compares to the thickness and quality of the Breitling straps. That’s just my opinion being in the jewelry buisness, I never seen a strap that was even close to Breitlings

The closest in quality I've found are custom straps made by ABP Paris. Fantastic quality and more options than you can shake a stick at.

Site Moderator

Watch nut likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:49 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
I have "found" JEAN ROUSSEAU straps to be phenomenal! They are able to produce any size in width, length, and taper that you would like. I happen to live close to NYC where they have a store and my results have been fantastic. At the store you are able to pick the actual part of the hide that will be used when you have a crocodile strap made. You also get to pick the thread color which I love. Great quality and wonderful customer service at about half the price of a Breitling strap!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:36 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 30 posts
56scooter wrote:
I have "found" JEAN ROUSSEAU straps to be phenomenal! They are able to produce any size in width, length, and taper that you would like. I happen to live close to NYC where they have a store and my results have been fantastic. At the store you are able to pick the actual part of the hide that will be used when you have a crocodile strap made. You also get to pick the thread color which I love. Great quality and wonderful customer service at about half the price of a Breitling strap!

Can you share exactly how much those straps go for? I'm about 15 minutes away from their shop in NYC. Would like to check them out.

Any other details you can share about the strap? How firm, malleable is it? Any cons you can point out?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:54 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Here is one that they did for my Stratos Navitimer

The cost was approximately $275. IMO the quality and wear is as good if not better then Breitling straps!

Here is one that they made for my DSOTM

If you are looking for a standard size deployant or tang strap they have templates for Breitling and other makers of straps, you pick the color, the type of lining and thread color of the stitching and they make the strap. Custom straps may require them to make a template which is slightly additional. Give them a call.

blakkflame likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:58 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
56scooter wrote:
Here is one that they did for my Stratos Navitimer

The cost was approximately $275. IMO the quality and wear is as good if not better then Breitling straps!

Here is one that they made for my DSOTM

If you are looking for a standard size deployant or tang strap they have templates for Breitling and other makers of straps, you pick the color, the type of lining and thread color of the stitching and they make the strap. Custom straps may require them to make a template which is slightly additional. Give them a call.

very solid looking breitling strap