The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:00 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
UPDATE:
As it is one month since my last posting I thought it worth bringing you all up to speed.

BUK are still working with BSA and with 2 UK ADs, neither of the ADs can get the watch working correctly with 2 different Android phones (4 if you include my 2), the latest info from the ADs is that BUK has requested that the B55s the ADs are currently testing with be returned to them for testing, this is frankly getting beyond ridiculous.

We (the ADs and I) have tested with 7 different B55s over the last 5 months, all from different batches and all with the same result, this problems needs to be investigated at BSA, they alone have the resource to find and fix the problem, BUK are being really helpful but in the grand scheme of things they are not much more than distributors.

I can't believe that BSA can not replicate this issue in their workshop/lab, work out what is wrong and get a fix out, quite unbelievable this is still ongoing after 5 months.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:34 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 2 posts
Hi Arcam,

Just following up: have you got any updates on the issue?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:36 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

--Alex-- wrote:
Hi Arcam,

No, still ongoing with me having to prompt BUK every month for an update!

It's a great watch spoilt by poor implimentation and lack luster support.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:02 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Arcam wrote:
--Alex-- wrote:
Hi Arcam,

Any positive news since last B55 firmware update pushed by Breitling just recently?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:42 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

--Alex-- wrote:
Arcam wrote:
--Alex-- wrote:
Hi Arcam,

Any positive news since last B55 firmware update pushed by Breitling just recently?
Sorry no, I dropped BUK an email last week and no response so far.

I will be calling at the dealer this afternoon to discuss/test.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:46 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks for not giving up. I use IOS and no big troubles but want to move to S8. Seems a stopper for now for doing this. Let us know if any success.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:59 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

--Alex-- wrote:
Arcam wrote:
--Alex-- wrote:
Hi Arcam,

My AD is going to test the new firmware out this week as he also had the same issue with his Samsung phone and the B55.

I will poke BUK again this week, but it seems to me they don't have a clue how to sort the issue out!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:37 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

UPDATE: Poked BUK a couple of times again and they have washed their hand of it saying that they have requested that BS contact me directly to discuss, still waiting after 10 days so I don't hold out any hope of this issue being resolved.

The sheer arrogance of BS and from my experience of other Swiss watch makers (Roles and Fortis) is amazing, they seem to take the attitude that there is nothing wrong when you raise an issue.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:12 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
I have a B55 and have not experienced any of the connectivity issues described in this thread, but I am an iOS guy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:16 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

macnewbie wrote:
I have a B55 and have not experienced any of the connectivity issues described in this thread, but I am an iOS guy.
That's the issue in a nutshell, IOS is OK Android is not, I have only tested up to the Samsung S7.

I had confirmation from my AD today that the latest firmware has not fixed the issue, pre 8 series Samsung.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:25 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

UPDATE:

Well after early 12 months of trying BS finally send me a response after extensive prodding by BUK, as you will no doubt note the alerting functions are really "secondary", wow!

Anyway their response is below:

"Many thanks for your reminder.

There has indeed been a new development linked to the transmitter of the watch in the meanwhile.

However please keep in mind that the connectivity of the Breitling Exposace is mainly aimed at setting the watch via the App. The notifications are an additional feature, and the watch remains the absolute master, the connection primarily being intended to improve its functionality.

The quality / stability of the connection will always depend on certain external parameters as well, like the operating distance and eventual interferences."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:26 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Breitling response sounds really strange. They are making emphasis on the fact that this is great watch slurring over the main question. As soon as the feature of notifications is stipulated - it should be supported. Simple as that. Otherwise I see questionable reasons to position the watch on the market as "smartwatch" and as "connected" widely by Breitling itself and by other famous sources (by the way most expensive smartwatch to present day). Breitling have already done the promotion and voiced the position of this watch, thus now they should simply fix what is promised and that is all. Ah no..., that is not all, they should apologize for the mistake and making people suffering. This is one of the prominent Swiss watch makers that should stand for their words and be responsible. I paid for this feature intentionally and notifications feature was the decision point.

BTW, I have to say after more thorough usage I am not quite satisfied now with connection to iPhone/IOS also, it breaks quite often as the watch is beeping not with all emails/sms/calls and skipping them sometimes even though the environment is the same (same place of watch, same place of phone, no other new wi-fi networks or Bluetooth devices/connections or other conditions that may interfere). All settings are double checked, and the watch reset was performed before the settings to make sure everything is set up correctly from end user perspective. I will be able to test Samsung S8 connection next week when I will be spending time with this phone.

Last edited by --Alex-- on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:36 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Thanks for that reply Alex, after nearly 12 months of this nonsense it is good to hear.

Breitling's "support" on this matter has been atrocious.

--Alex-- likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:36 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I have tested now B55 with IOS and with Android (spent with Samsung S8 3 weeks).

Results (as promised):

- iPhone 6 - notifications arrived ratio: 4 out of 10. Disappointing. But the connection of the application to the watch is quite stable.
- Samsung S8 - notifications arrived ratio: 10 out of 10. Good result. But at the same time connection issues are noticed for Android application to the watch (the application is not finding the watch very frequently and you need to disable/enable Bluetooth on the phone or do re-pairing the watch to phone in order to fix the issues) and this is disappointing.

Any updates on the issue for you, since new firmware arrived for B55(pushed by Breitling last week)?

For iPhone - I have not noticed any changes since new firmware deployed, but haven't tried Samsung.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:50 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

--Alex-- wrote:
I have tested now B55 with IOS and with Android (spent with Samsung S8 3 weeks).

Results (as promised):

- iPhone 6 - notifications arrived ratio: 4 out of 10. Disappointing. But the connection of the application to the watch is quite stable.
- Samsung S8 - notifications arrived ratio: 10 out of 10. Good result. But at the same time connection issues are noticed for Android application to the watch (the application is not finding the watch very frequently and you need to disable/enable Bluetooth on the phone or do re-pairing the watch to phone in order to fix the issues) and this is disappointing.

Any updates on the issue for you, since new firmware arrived for B55(pushed by Breitling last week)?

For iPhone - I have not noticed any changes since new firmware deployed, but haven't tried Samsung.
Thanks for the update Alex, the last statement from BS pretty much said to me it will never work correctly.

I think they need outside help to fix this issue, the trouble is if they fix it they have sold a lot of B55s and the cost to fix all the one in circulation would be high/damaging to their reputation.

I am still amazed that this issue is not more widely reported, I look forward to your Android test results, I will probably upgrade to a Note 8 soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next