The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:23 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 42 posts
This is the watch that made me fall in Love with Breitling. My Grail Watch.

I've been after this watch for a number of years. Finally a opportunity presented itself and I jumped at it.
I'll try and do a little review.

Dial
I have a number of other watches and some of them are not that easy to read. Take for example my Navi 01. Don't get me wrong. Its an absolutely beautiful watch. The only issue is really my eyesight. I'm 45 years old and the eyesight is not that great anymore. The Navi has thin Hour and Minute hands. To make out the time I have to look carefully. On this Chronospace the Minute and Hour hands are nice and thick. They also contrast very well against ALL BLACK dial. The dial has lots of detail (that I like) but it doesnt interfere with telling the time. I also like the fact that it has Hour indicators showing the actual hour. I can see the time instantly.

The Mesh Bracelet
I am a big fan of Mesh. It's very comfortable. It slides up and down my arm with 2cm's and doesn't grab the hair on my arm. It also adds more weight to the entire package. The Chronospace with Mesh reminds you that you are wearing something with Gravitas on your arm. Steel or Silver mesh looks very bling and the Black Mesh tones it down. You can wear this watch with anything. With a Suit or to the beach. It just works for all occasions. Because of the bracelet you can get it wet and not worry. I am sure it will also work with Brown Croc or Canvas. The Mesh is just too awesome to take off

The Movement
My Navi 01 has the inhouse movement that is beautiful but it's also super quiet and still. The movement in the Chronospace is a bit of a Wobbler. I can feel the Rotor move on my wrist. I can hear the rotor wind the mainspring in a quiet room. I love this about the Chronospace and miss this in my Navi. The Chronospace is ALIVE on my wrist. So far timekeeping is about 3sec per day fast. That is good !

The Black Steel
I know there are always concerns about the Black Steel marking. I've only had the watch for a month or two and so far, no marks. I don't wear the watch every day (saving it:)) so I think the wear and tear will probably be reduced. The actual Black Steel is not totally Black. It more like a Gun Metal Black and looks very rugged.

In summery
I absolutely love everything about this watch. It is my true Grail watch. I am very happy and fortunate to own it.

ImageImageImage

[WATCH]️

6 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:25 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 22 posts
Thanks for the writeup and pictures. The hands do pop off the dial which I really like on my Blacksteel Blackbird. I love the double AR crystals too. Very nice looking piece.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:23 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 42 posts
vanyir wrote:
Thanks for the writeup and pictures. The hands do pop off the dial which I really like on my Blacksteel Blackbird. I love the double AR crystals too. Very nice looking piece.

Thanks man. I really enjoy this machine. My other watches are spending lots more time on the winders now :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:31 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
Blacksteel Breitling are my favorite, but I've never owned a Chronospace. I love the black mesh, very nice combo, and thanks for the review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:12 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 36 posts
Great review. The watch is stunning. Glad to see the Chronospace getting some air time. To me it is the less talked about model in the Professional range.

Keep us posted with your ownership experience on this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:07 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 23 posts
Great looking watch. My eyesight is going also. I have to stick with "Dive" type watches for the big hands. I just got a Tudor
Blackshield ceramic. Absolutely beautiful watch, black case,bezel,dial,subdials...can't see a thing...without having to put reading glasses on. Gonna have to move it out

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:22 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I've been enjoying one of these for a couple of years now, and appearance wise it is about the same as the day I took it home. It's quite a resilient watch. Enjoy it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:45 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Just sold my Navitimer fighter edition ivory face because of failing eye site. My new one is a Navi 1461 blue face and can see the time again, instead of it just looking great on my wrist.
After seeing your watch I am now working on the wife that I really do need another watch .
I just love that look. There are to many good looking :lingsrock: out there, just wish I had deeper pockets. :yeahthat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:47 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 105 posts
I'm not a fan of black steel but that does look nice and mean if you know what I mean. I mean the positive tough kind of mean ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:27 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
Black steel looks absolutely stunning, got my eyes on it for a while now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:45 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Is it 48mm???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:10 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 174 posts
[quote="Desperado"]Is it 48mm???

46mm for Chronospace auto'.