The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:14 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
It was always a dream for me to have a beautiful Breitling watch. I have never own a Breitling watch before, and after some hesitation I have decided to purchase Breitling Chronomat 44 GMT (White dial) watch. My local New York area AD was very helpful and knowledgeable guy. Unfortunately, the watch I wanted was out of stock, I had no choice but to order this watch directly from the manufacture. (I was told this is even better). After two weeks watch finally arrived, and I become a new member of a prestige Breitling club. I followed the setup instruction, set the correct time/date and my first date with my lovely watch began. About 8 hours later, I have noticed that my watch just stopped even though it was on my wrist all day!!!. At home, I winded my watch again and put it on my winder. In the morning I checked the watch, and it stop again. Next day, I brought my watch back to AD I purchased it from for evaluation. AD representative told me that watch needs to be sent to Breitling Service Center for repair. After another two weeks of waiting the repaired watch finally arrived. Just to make my story short, the problem hasn't been fixed and it become even worse. Now, the watch stops after 4-6 hours. Not sure what repairment was done to my watch, but as a first time Breitling buyer I am very disappointed on the reliability and quality of a Breitling Chronomat in house 04 movement, and watch with MSRP over 10K.
I am going to my AD tomorrow to discuss my next step. I might give a Breitling another chance .... but now, I am seriously considering to go for a more respectful brand, like Rolex DJ 2 41mm.

I am really appreciated your opinion and suggestion. What would you do?

Thank you,
Art

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:05 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 7 posts
Go back to the AD and DEMAND it be sorted. The wait is a pain when you've bought something you really want. Not sure how it works in the US but if its within the first 28 days in the UK u can return it and are entitled to a full refund!

Super Avenger(White)

Moved on:
Montbrillant Legende(Silver)
Panerai 312

SOHC 125th Ann. LE(Silver)
Navitimer World(Pearl)
Panerai 441

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:47 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
Usually I would jump on the band wagon to smash breitling but in this case you're under full warranty. Like Andrew said you need to go back to your AD. I'm sure they will be happy to take care of you.

On a side note the DJ2 is a great watch and if funds permit owning both would be awesome. It would give you some diversity in your line up.

Hopefully this gets sorted out asap for you. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:10 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I agree with the others - it's far from an ideal situation, but that's what the warranty is for. Get on to your AD and I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.

All I would also say though is don't fall into the knee-jerk trap of instantly "going Rolex" in the face of the first issue. Rolex are just as mass-produced as Breitling (much more so actually in terms of numbers), so on balance they are no more or no less reliable than any other big-name watch brand out there. Yes you've unfortunately had trouble with your first Breitling : I've owned somewhere between 10 and 20 Breitlings over the years and apart from a simple regulation, I've had zero issues with any of mine. I'd say you were just unlucky this time.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:47 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 17 posts
I don't even want to tell you my horror story. It involves 9months and 4 replacement watches. I would demand a replacement watch.

Ling ling

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:39 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
I'm sorry you're having a problem with your watch, but I think to call it a nightmare is a little dramatic . It's just a watch that can be repaired. This is what we call a first world problem.

Automatic watches tend to be less reliable than quartz watches in my experience. I've had my fair share of problems, and it's something I know I'm going to have to deal with from time to time. It just goes with the territory.

Good luck.

sent from my Note 4

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:15 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
ffeelliixx wrote:
Automatic watches tend to be less reliable than quartz watches in my experience.

Though to be fair to Breitling they have tried to redress this imbalance with the B50...

3 people like this post.
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:52 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
TomP wrote:
ffeelliixx wrote:
Automatic watches tend to be less reliable than quartz watches in my experience.

Though to be fair to Breitling they have tried to redress this imbalance with the B50...

:uplaugh: Hilarious post Tom!

Site Moderator