The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:33 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Caution all users to note that there seem to be a lot of similarities between this user, another brand new account created only to provide a review of kain heritage, and a former member who has been banned multiple times from the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:23 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

loveHK881 wrote:
So sorry, i really dont know that members are not allowed to write a good review about this brand here.

I don't believe that anyone said that reviews were not allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:18 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
This is probably the equivalent of poking a bear with a pointy stick, but after all this nonsense about Kain Heritage and one individual's apparent crusade against them (for whatever reason), I just thought I'd say that my own experience of their straps has been superb. I only own one - a "Vintage Lawn Calf" strap that I've been wearing pretty heavily for the best part of two years on my Panerai (and I wear that watch a lot) - and it's been a superb strap. It's a nice thickness but was still supple and comfortable right from the outset, and that has just got better and better over time as it's broken in.

I've used no treatment on it at all, and it's darkened up a fraction over time (exactly as you'd expect), but the leather surface shows no signs of cracking or abnormal wear. The ivory stitching is still clean and tight with only the slightest sign of wear where the buckle rubs against it..... and that's after circa two years. The painted edges are also very supple and show no signs of cracking or peeling either.

The only thing I did with it was swap out the (admittedly very high quality) buckle as I found it a little too thick for my tastes, and I only use one of the two floating keepers it came with, but in my experience there was no faulting the quality in any way, especially for the price.

My strap was actually a gift, but I'd have absolutely no hesitation with parting with my hard-earned to buy another one.

Funnily enough, Admin has done a review of the exact same model of strap (Vintage Lawn Calf) on PaneraiSource - http://www.paneraisource.com/aftermarke ... kain.shtml

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:01 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Thread is pretty meaningless now after original posts deleted, but while I haven't owned any Kain heritage straps I have handled some and can say that the quality seems excellent.