Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Chronomat GT
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:24 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 35 posts
One of the coolest features of a watch model is the evolution it goes through. Sometimes there is a big departure from the original heritage but if done correctly, a new generation begins its own family line. With the reboot of the Chronomat in the 90’s, dropping the it’s sliding-scale calculator watch look from the 50’s to a more focused pilot’s tool (the rider tabs, bezel screws, pushers and crown has given it a look all it’s own). This has set the DNA for one of Breitling’s most successful models in recent years.

Wondering around some shops the other day, I found this brushed case and polished bezel Chronomat GT on a pilot bracelet (brushed and polish) with blue dial and white sub dial. I had also never seen a standard Chronomat with a brush case like it’s close sibling the blackbird. Yet weighing in at almost 40mm but with a case thickness of 13mm, I felt that it had hit all the right elements for me. What I especially enjoy are the white grand totaliser ring and batwing font on the cobalt blue dial.

The GT wears small compared to the Evolution but at the same time, feels more comfortable sliding in and out of a shirt cuff (even with it screwed down rider tabs). Although I consider this model to be a small update to it’s original release, Breitling had more tweaking to do. I guess I’m saying that with all the different variation that the Chronomat came in, it wasn’t until the Chronomat Evolution that manages to make it more functional - bigger case, easier to turn bezel, crown and locking pusher. Nevertheless, it’s a wonderful watch and feels as much a part of my collection as any of my other watches and it will have a place on my wrist for years to come. Thanks for looking and listening.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Chronomat GT
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:28 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 1 post
Beautiful watch, I love this specific cobalt blue dial. Actually you do not find this model with bracelet most of them are sold with leather strap and if you are living in a country that you have 9 months of the year sunshine, bracelet is a must for a watch. May I ask how much it cost you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Chronomat GT
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:20 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 35 posts
1stclass wrote:
Beautiful watch, I love this specific cobalt blue dial. Actually you do not find this model with bracelet most of them are sold with leather strap and if you are living in a country that you have 9 months of the year sunshine, bracelet is a must for a watch. May I ask how much it cost you?

Thanks. The guy I got it from let it go for $1300. I couldn't believe it when he told me the price. It came with box and papers as well and in "like-new" condition.

Post subject: Re: Chronomat GT
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:01 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 1 post
This is a very good deal to let it go away, lucky you. I have a super Avanger and I am in a search for a chronomat with a blue dial.