The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:24 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
from long time... I tried to fit the bracelet pro 2 with my breitling emergency..but the problem is that there is no pro 2 link attached with the utc !!!

after thinking..... :roll:
i bought link 133E which attaching the the clasp and i did some reamer 1/2 inch from both side the i attached it with the utc..
its looked good so far .. here is some pics..
waiting your comments... :lingsrock:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:49 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
Well, the work in getting this converted seems to have turned out OK. Does it fit OK on your wrist?

The Co-Pilot looks the part in Yellow against your Emergency. I guess this is not a combination most who own an Emergency would have thought possible, given the adjustments you have carried out to make this compatable. Takes imagination to put this together. Clever. Well done.

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:58 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

P51 wrote:
Well, the work in getting this converted seems to have turned out OK. Does it fit OK on your wrist?

The Co-Pilot looks the part in Yellow against your Emergency. I guess this is not a combination most who own an Emergency would have thought possible, given the adjustments you have carried out to make this compatable. Takes imagination to put this together. Clever. Well done.

hi jim..

thank you for your comment :)
yea, it fit with my wrist, even my wrist a bit thin :oops: .. but it looks nice so far.. and im happy with it :roll:
and btw..you can find breitling emergency with analog utc..but the issue is that there is no any bracelet pro 2 from the breitling factory that fit with the utc unless you did what i did with it ..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:43 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 12 posts
Location: EGPF. 55 52 14N 004 26 45W TIMEZONE: BST (UTC/ZULU+1)
Shigaardi wrote:
P51 wrote:

hi jim..

yea, it fit with my wrist, even my wrist a bit thin :oops: .. but it looks nice so far.. and im happy with it :roll:
and btw..you can find breitling emergency with analog utc..but the issue is that there is no any bracelet pro 2 from the breitling factory that fit with the utc unless you did what i did with it ..

Seem to remember this from somewhere............................. :shock:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f15/projec ... 59815.html

Unfortunately WUS have taken away my post editing rights so I can't reinstate the pictures but the end result were these.

I've found my pics so here's the full story

Have
B-1 Black Dial+UTC
Emergency Black+UTC

HAD
B1Vulcan+UTC
B2 Black+UTC
C.A. M1-Team SEB in the Volvo Ocean Race+UTC
Emergency Ti -Yellow+UTC
Mission -Black
Old Navitimer -RAFAT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:36 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

findo-400 wrote:
Shigaardi wrote:
P51 wrote:

hi jim..

Seem to remember this from somewhere............................. :shock:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f15/projec ... 59815.html

Unfortunately WUS have taken away my post editing rights so I can't reinstate the pictures but the end result were these.

I've found my pics so here's the full story

Yes. I saw it already before in the website but i didnt know how was did it.
Cause i didnt saw all these pic's which teach you how to do it.
But i think that broking link which is shown in these pic's not a good idea.
What i did that just i bought the end link and fited with the utc without any broken links.
Anyway. Thank you for your comment bro. :lingsrock:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:37 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Shigaardi wrote:
But i think that broking link which is shown in these pic's not a good idea.
What i did that just i bought the end link and fited with the utc without any broken links.
Anyway. Thank you for your comment bro. :lingsrock:

The "broken" link is not a good idea but is required so that the bracelet looks authentic. :wink: That's where the expense comes in. Why do the conversion at all if you're not going to make it look authentic? I would have to see better pictures of your bracelet at the clasp end to make a proper comment but I would suspect that all the links on the south side of your bracelet are removeable. i.e. you have no "fixed" links.

Granted, it's a more economical way of doing it and I am sure that the watch and UTC wear fine and do the job for you but for me, it has to not only wear correctly, but look correct too.

Nice job though :lingsrock:

Have
B-1 Black Dial+UTC
Emergency Black+UTC

HAD
B1Vulcan+UTC
B2 Black+UTC
Emergency Ti -Yellow+UTC
Mission -Black
Old Navitimer -RAFAT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

[attachment=3]The "broken" link is not a good idea but is required so that the bracelet looks authentic. :wink: That's where the expense comes in. Why do the conversion at all if you're not going to make it look authentic? I would have to see better pictures of your bracelet at the clasp end to make a proper comment but I would suspect that all the links on the south side of your bracelet are removeable. i.e. you have no "fixed" links.

Granted, it's a more economical way of doing it and I am sure that the watch and UTC wear fine and do the job for you but for me, it has to not only wear correctly, but look correct too.

Nice job though :lingsrock:[/quote]

here is few pic's bro>>>>waiting your comment :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:53 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Shigaardi wrote:
[attachment=3]The "broken" link is not a good idea but is required so that the bracelet looks authentic. :wink: That's where the expense comes in. Why do the conversion at all if you're not going to make it look authentic? I would have to see better pictures of your bracelet at the clasp end to make a proper comment but I would suspect that all the links on the south side of your bracelet are removeable. i.e. you have no "fixed" links.

Nice job though :lingsrock:

here is few pic's bro>>>>waiting your comment :)[/quote]

Yes, as I thought, but hey if it works for you it's a success. :D

I would guess though that you have slightly thinner wrists than me. However, the bracelet is slightly imbalanced as you have;
North side :8 links (including watch head and clasp endlinks)
South side: only 3 plus the UTC (count the UTC as roughly another 2 links) equals 5 links
Total links =13 (still taking 2 as the UTC)

I wore mine with (as you do)
North side: 8 links
But
South side:5 (plus two for the UTC) =7
Total 15 links.

To make the change from 15 to 13 links one would normally take out one link from each side and not 2 from one side only. So you should really have 7 links North and 4 (plus the UTC) = 13 links.

Consequently. the clasp will have "crept" round your wrist towards you a little instead of sitting roughly central on the underside of your wrist. If one link was to come out it would normall be from the south side.

But as I say if it works for you, it's a win-win situation.

Anyway, less of all this link talk. It's made me realise I should have never sold the yella fellas at all. :lol:

Have
B-1 Black Dial+UTC
Emergency Black+UTC

HAD
B1Vulcan+UTC
B2 Black+UTC
Emergency Ti -Yellow+UTC
Mission -Black
Old Navitimer -RAFAT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:17 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Yes, as I thought, but hey if it works for you it's a success. :D

I would guess though that you have slightly thinner wrists than me. However, the bracelet is slightly imbalanced as you have;
North side :8 links (including watch head and clasp endlinks)
South side: only 3 plus the UTC (count the UTC as roughly another 2 links) equals 5 links
Total links =13 (still taking 2 as the UTC)

I wore mine with (as you do)
North side: 8 links
But
South side:5 (plus two for the UTC) =7
Total 15 links.

To make the change from 15 to 13 links one would normally take out one link from each side and not 2 from one side only. So you should really have 7 links North and 4 (plus the UTC) = 13 links.

Consequently. the clasp will have "crept" round your wrist towards you a little instead of sitting roughly central on the underside of your wrist. If one link was to come out it would normall be from the south side.

But as I say if it works for you, it's a win-win situation.

Anyway, less of all this link talk. It's made me realise I should have never sold the yella fellas at all. :lol:[/quote]

you are right ...
so what did now that i moved one link from north to south...it looks better now :drool:
the issue is that my wrist is a bit thin :oops: thats why i have less links ... but anyway...im feeling better now after moving links..here is some pic...thank you for your comment.. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:21 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
You both are nuts, but great job nonetheless! :D