The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:14 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
H2F wrote:
jimbob wrote:
I'm hoping we can take a few cues from this beauty...
http://www.breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/v ... =5&t=43566

GORGEOUS!!!

That one :yeahthat is amazing

This too... download/file.php?id=17831&mode=view

Movado Sport

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:17 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi All

This sounds like a great project, I am very interested so please keep me updated with any news.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:54 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Interested as well but size may be an issue if its too deep and big.

Jaeger Lecoultre Master Eight Days Perpetual 40, Rolex Daytona 116520, Rolex Explorer I 114270 - Calibre 3130, Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300 - Calibre 3120, Zenith Striking 10th - Calibre 4052 B, ​Bremont MBII, Panerai 00390 SE.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:08 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

If it looks like the Cayman 3000 and is priced around what it is (1,000 USD-ish) then yes. IMO if you need 100 people, it will be hard to get everyone to agree on a single style and so it may make sense to have a split between a few designs they currently have. But one thing is for sure and that is the Cayman 3000 is a GOOD LOOKING WATCH!!!

And if we are going to do a double AR, could you explore potential AR types (and if domed v. flat v. convex is best with a single AR) that would be more durable than what Breitling/Omega uses?

I am rather disappointed Breitling isn't interested in a LE...forums today are a key component to brand success and limited forum editions are a nice way of recognizing those that advocate the brand to others (while simultaneously selling product). I don't think it would be that difficult to say, take 50 Superocean 44s, give it something cool like dark green hands or an all-steel bezel, and number it. :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:19 pm 
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
nickzac wrote:
If it looks like the Cayman 3000 and is priced around what it is (1,000 USD-ish) then yes. IMO if you need 100 people, it will be hard to get everyone to agree on a single style and so it may make sense to have a split between a few designs they currently have. But one thing is for sure and that is the Cayman 3000 is a GOOD LOOKING WATCH!!!

And if we are going to do a double AR, could you explore potential AR types (and if domed v. flat v. convex is best with a single AR) that would be more durable than what Breitling/Omega uses?

I am rather disappointed Breitling isn't interested in a LE...forums today are a key component to brand success and limited forum editions are a nice way of recognizing those that advocate the brand to others (while simultaneously selling product). I don't think it would be that difficult to say, take 50 Superocean 44s, give it something cool like dark green hands or an all-steel bezel, and number it. :(

Nick, mutliple choices would pretty much defeat the purpose of a Forum LE. It has to be one design and as Driver pointed out we won't need 100 even though the production run will be 100 - what we don't commit to will be eaten up by the consumming public. But we do need 20 or so, at least, to commit so we can get this off the ground, otherwise Crepas likely won't want to make a watch to our design decisions.

As for Breitling, they have been tried before through multiple channels and show no interest at all. We "callz 'em as we'z seezs 'em" here and I don't think that particularly endears us to Breitling.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:51 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

sharkman wrote:
nickzac wrote:

Nick, mutliple choices would pretty much defeat the purpose of a Forum LE. It has to be one design and as Driver pointed out we won't need 100 even though the production run will be 100 - what we don't commit to will be eaten up by the consumming public. But we do need 20 or so, at least, to commit so we can get this off the ground, otherwise Crepas likely won't want to make a watch to our design decisions.

As for Breitling, they have been tried before through multiple channels and show no interest at all. We "callz 'em as we'z seezs 'em" here and I don't think that particularly endears us to Breitling.

Then I guess you can say I am interested but unable to commit until I know something more definitive about looks and bracelet/band options.

And as someone who owns over 10 'forum edition' LE products, I find that to be really discouraging in the customer relations sense as I look at forum editions as one of the greatest gestures a company can make to show that they genuinely care about their customers, especially those that are enthusiastic enough to advocate their company...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:49 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
nickzac wrote:
I am rather disappointed Breitling isn't interested in a LE...forums today are a key component to brand success and limited forum editions are a nice way of recognizing those that advocate the brand to others (while simultaneously selling product).

I have a feeling it's because they don't have any influence on this forum.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 am 

bnewbie wrote:
nickzac wrote:
I am rather disappointed Breitling isn't interested in a LE...forums today are a key component to brand success and limited forum editions are a nice way of recognizing those that advocate the brand to others (while simultaneously selling product).

:yeahthat We can occasionally :brewing: But that is what separates us from other brand based forums. We all have a bit of the :cheer: in us for Breitling, but don't hesitate to voice our dismay with certain choices they make :guns:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:46 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

sharkman wrote:
bnewbie wrote:
nickzac wrote:

:yeahthat We can occasionally :brewing: But that is what separates us from other brand based forums. We all have a bit of the :cheer: in us for Breitling, but don't hesitate to voice our dismay with certain choices they make :guns:

That shouldn't be an issue IMO. I've not ever read a member 'bashing' the brand outright, and 95% of the time when someone is upset about a certain situation, this forum helps point them in the right direction to end the experience on a positive note. I mean, I've read people voicing (what I perceive to be legit) complaints, but if people did not like the brand overall, they wouldn't be here and the positive feedback people give here far outweighs the negative. Forums not only help more people to buy the brand (and when I say buy into the brand, I mean develop a genuine interest in Breitling and its rich history), but it also helps people avoid buying fakes that can detract from the overall experience and damage the name. Obviously, not all of us are going to like every product or every advertising campaign, or every sponsorship because they are different and we are different, but that is a basic given of consumer products. But it's always nice to know that a company cares about its most devoted fans and actions speak louder than words...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:55 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
This horse has been flogged so many times it's not even recognisable anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:58 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Call the knackers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:46 pm 

There is no where on the web with the amount of Breitling info this site has. Indeed it was the reason Admin started this site. Maybe Breitling customer relations is simply that poor or maybe it is the uncensored nature of the forum. But there have been plenty of threads excoriating Breitling and their direction and abandonment of their roots. Just not lately. Wait until Basel!

But I fear I am taking this thread too far off topic.

Driver, any news from Crepas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:43 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
sharkman wrote:
Driver, any news from Crepas?

I'm really cheesed off that my job has been so manic lately that I've not been able to spend as much time on here as I usually do. :evil:

Anyway, just in terms of an update, I asked Crepas a few questions regarding numbers of people required and what will happen to the unsold watches, etc, etc, and I had a very swift mail back from Ana saying that she and Pablo (the two owners) will discuss things with their people/parts suppliers, and "do all they can to ensure that this can go ahead". That in itself sounds pretty positive, but I was holding fire mentioning it here until I had a more definitive answer.

Apologies again for the amount of time this is taking to get off the ground, but to put it bluntly, if we'd had an overwhelming level of interest and enthusiasm from the forum we'd probably be discussing design points already. As it is, I feel we are still marginal on whether it's a goer or not, which is why I'm waiting to hear back from Ana.

Obviously everyone can make up their own mind whether they want to get on board (tacitly at this stage of course), but this really could be an exciting thing to get involved with. It's not often that we (as watch enthusiasts) can have any say whatsoever in a watch design, and then be purchase something available in extremely limited numbers. There's nothing quite like wearing a watch and saying, "There are only 100 of these in existance, this is number XX, and I actually helped design it".

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:47 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

I think you need something more concrete in design terms and pricing terms...I'm a little hesitant to commit to something that could potentially be a design I dislike or a price a bit above what I want to spend right now. Also, I think this will probably take off more after the holiday season given how much money people spend this time of year, myself included.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:26 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
nickzac wrote:
I think you need something more concrete in design terms and pricing terms...I'm a little hesitant to commit to something that could potentially be a design I dislike or a price a bit above what I want to spend right now. Also, I think this will probably take off more after the holiday season given how much money people spend this time of year, myself included.

No-one's being asked to commit to anything at the moment : this is just an interest thread, and while I'm thankful that people are being honest and mature, and not saying they may be interested if they already know they wouldn't be, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed with the interest levels. We've done a couple of these projects in the past and interest in them was a lot higher, even though the membership-base was considerably smaller at the time. However, the "dynamic" of the forum was different in those days - maybe more of a community-spirit than it is now - so maybe that has something to do with it. (Plus the slightly higher cost of this one.... but then we will get considerably more customisation).

Either way, if Crepas give us the go-ahead on the basis of the information I've given then, I'm sure we will pick up people as we go along if people like what they're seeing.

Site Moderator

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next