The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:45 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
When I am ready where would I purchase or have a aftermarket diamond bezel made ? I live in NJ, work in NY. Internet stuff is cool too as long as people on here had first hand positive experience with them ...

so lost in the watch game !

thanks for the help

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:45 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I can't really advise on where to buy as firstly, diamonds on gents watches don't personally rock my boat, so I've never owned a diamond watch myself. And secondly I think you'll struggle to find a vendor with universally brilliant reviews. The problem with aftermarket diamond bezels is that in order to make them (other than going for a completely newly fabricated channel-set bezel), the jeweller needs to cut the spaces for the diamonds out of the bezel. This means that invariably the work is not absolutely clean and immaculate due to the tooling required. Now some people don't mind this, so they tend to give good reviews. Other people though find it bothers them quite a bit, so they tend to be less positive.

The same goes for diamond quality - some people just want bling, so to them SI (or even I) diamonds look fine for their needs, whereas to others who really wanted VVS, the results can look like sugar cubes. So much depends on what you are looking for, what you are prepared to pay, and moreover what you prepared to accept.

For example, (and I'm in no way endorsing them by mentioning their name as I have zero personal experience of them) some people say that Liori Diamonds are great, whereas you will also find people who aren't so happy.

Essentially, what I'm saying is the quality of tooling and the quality of diamonds varies massively across the aftermarket industry, and even across work by the same vendor. In fact, the only thing you can guarantee is that ANY aftermarket work will not be as clean or as high quality as OEM.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:28 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
As Driver8 implies - pays your money and takes your choice. Breitling's top wesseltons in factory settings are unbeatable, so it comes down to how big a compromise you are prepared to make to save money.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:31 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

but i see many people do do aftermarket bezels... so my question is where do they get them from... i see some websites even sell pre-made ones...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:02 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

c6blackz06 wrote:
but i see many people do do aftermarket bezels... so my question is where do they get them from... i see some websites even sell pre-made ones...

Then let's move this to the feedback section....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:05 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Roffensian wrote:
c6blackz06 wrote:

Then let's move this to the feedback section....

ok awesome... are you an admin?? or someone can move it please?? thats really what I am looking for is feedback on where to get one

thank you !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:28 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

c6blackz06 wrote:
or someone can move it please??

Already done.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

^^ thanks !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:52 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I bought mine used on ebay the diamonds are not the highest of quality but the seller noted it and pictures were accurate. I got a really good deal imo 4.25ct's for 1,200$ I have been watching and see many going for much higher I would of liked to go with 6-7cts but cant justify spending the $ on it at the moment. A friend who is a jewler offered to put diamonds in my bezel but the price was way more then buying this one on ebay. I showed him the one I got and he verified the diamonds are real just not top quality they are H clarity but for me they are good enough.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:00 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

You can buy high quality aftter marker bezel from GOSHORTCUT on EBAY, they also have a store LOUCRI JEWELERS in NY. Check out their reviews on ebay, you will not be disappointed