Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:34 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Good morning,

Newbie here, so I hope this is posted in a correct place. I have an Evolution Chrono, with the Pilot bracelet. The watch case is 44mm. I would like to get the analog UTC module, but my concern is whether they have a universal fit for each one- my guess is that they don't. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Last edited by pporter on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:43 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
There are a number of options on the UTC itself, the key is to get the right bracelet - code is 359a

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:05 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Roffensian wrote:
There are a number of options on the UTC itself, the key is to get the right bracelet - code is 359a

Hey, thanks for the very quick reply. Ok, just to make sure I understand-

Are you saying that the bracelet needs to fit the UTC? Am I understang the the UTC's are all the same size, and one must get the bracelet to conform to the module?

Is "359a" the code needed for the correct size bracelet, or the code for the UTC module?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:24 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

359a is the code for the bracelet - you need a model specific, UTC specific bracelet and that's the code for the Chronomat Evolution. There are a number of different model numbers for the UTC itself depending on 12 hour vs. 24 hour, metal, etc - assuming that your Evo is stainless steel you will want one with an A prefix. As long as you get the right bracelet it will fit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Roffensian wrote:
359a is the code for the bracelet - you need a model specific, UTC specific bracelet and that's the code for the Chronomat Evolution. There are a number of different model numbers for the UTC itself depending on 12 hour vs. 24 hour, metal, etc - assuming that your Evo is stainless steel you will want one with an A prefix. As long as you get the right bracelet it will fit.

Very good. Ok, I have been through all the paperwork on my watch, and haven't been able to find a code number for the bracelet that came with the watch- I am sure it wouldn't as easy as having the correct bracelet for the UTC- where do I need to look for the info that pertains to my bracelet?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:42 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

pporter wrote:
Roffensian wrote:

Very good. Ok, I have been through all the paperwork on my watch, and haven't been able to find a code number for the bracelet that came with the watch- I am sure it wouldn't as easy as having the correct bracelet for the UTC- where do I need to look for the info that pertains to my bracelet?

You don't have a UTC bracelet - if you did it wouldn't fit without the UTC.

The bracelet code is on the underside of the endlinks (the one nearest the case) and it will be 357a or 372a - they are the same bracelet but with different clasps.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:51 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 335 posts
The UTC module for the Chronomat Evolution is model A70177 and it was only produced in the stainless steel "A" version with polished case and brushed bezel. The correct Pilot bracelet for the module as Roff said is model 359A which has a 20mm attachment end link on its south side to fit the module's 20mm interhorn spacing. The module itself attaches to the Evo's south end lugs via a special form fitted 22mm end link with the acronym UTC engraved on it. The module was only built for a couple of years, 2005-2006. There was a total of 8 dial choices in 2005 increased to 9 dial choices in 2006. Those 9 dial choices correctly matched 14 specific Evo dials out of the total of 30 possible dial choices for the Evo mostly because about half the Evo's dial choices are specific to two tone or gold case models.

As to finding the Evo's UTC kit (module, end link for the module and the 359A bracelet), I am of the impression there are no more available via BUSA or Grenchen although a complement of spare parts is kept in Grenchen. Of the last three A70177 modules available in Grenchen in early 2007 (two black, one blue), I purchased one and Grenchen redialed it to slate for me with the only one available from their spares holding. I suppose you could say rare is a fair description of that module. During the past three years, I have seen exactly two become availble on the famous auction site which may be the only place you may see one for sale anytime in the future. Sometimes a UTC kit becomes available on the forum sales corner when a member decides to let his go but that's a pretty rare occurence also.

If you need the specific code for the module to match your Evo, let me know the dial option you have. You'll find the specific model number for it following the A13356 number in your warranty manual. Your best bet would of course be a black or blue dial Evo as most of the modules were fitted with one of those. Worldwide, there were probably less than 250 A70177 modules produced and there almost certainly no "replicas" or "fakes" produced because of that rarity. The demand simply wasn't there at the time. My specific module is serial no. 212 and I as indicated was one of the last available from Grenchen.

As an aside, the module could also be fitted with a strap instead of the bracelet. I happen to be wearing that kit as I type this, a 781P OEM black croco while my 359A bracelet rests until warmer weather. The strap options were croco in black and gold, blue in buffalo and gold, black brown or blue in calf leather. Because of their scarcity, they often require a special "build" and a long wait after ordering.

Hope this helps and good luck with your search. :-)
Best,
Ron

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery "Flow" or... 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:24 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
Hope resurrecting an old thread is appropriate; love the forum and learned alot but regarding making a UTC fit my Aerospace? I've been watching eBay for UTC Breitling and want to be sure my old F56xxxx series with a 20mm lug size will fit some offerings as they arise.

Generally, is there a model ID# that tells the 20mm lug size generally. I would love to match my Titanium but willing to go with stainless and even the gold bezel if possible but price/availability is an issue. I know all the Letter codes but wondering if the x6xxx7/6x is what I need to concentrate on for the 20mm sizing. I bought my Aerospace 25 years ago on my 40th and seems finally adding the UTC on my 65th seems appropriate; just wish i had done it years ago when it was priced <$400 USD<g>. This was the first watch I'd seen with the LCD/analog combo in ads in the Wall Street Journal all those years ago and still love it. Seems I'm not the only one as the LCD/analog combo is a Breitling standard these days. I do like my old one though as it is slim and fits under my sleeve when wearing a suit :).

Thanks in advance