All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:23 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
Attachment:
IceSpeedRecord.jpg

New limited edition, 100pcs:
Juha Kankkunen has set the world ice speed record at 330.695 km/h with a Bentley Convertible Supersports in Finland.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:12 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 12 posts
Yep, that's about par for the course.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:32 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Not sure I get the connection between red and ice, but OK.

More proof that I am not part of Breitling's current target demographic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:28 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
The use of red with the black dial in this instance I like. I'm generally not a B4B fan, but this one works for me.
However, I agree that it has nothing to associate itself specifically to the record, other than being a Bentley.
Perhaps it should be a white dial (drop the red) and have lozenge diamonds instead of batons, at least there is a tenuous link to ice without doing an overpowering bezel job :?: .
After totally not seeing any link between the swimmer Herbert [Flying Fish] Nitsch 700 feet freediver and the not specifically associated with diving CM 44 Flying Fish 1,650 feet watch, I've given up thinking Breitling now put any considered thought into its naming of special & limited editions :? .

Roffensian wrote:
Not sure I get the connection between red and ice, but OK.

More proof that I am not part of Breitling's current target demographic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:13 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Sorry but it's another hideous offering. That carbon dial just doesn't work with a busy chronograph. Legibility will be terrible IMO. And the red is just tacky. It manages to look bling without any bling! Quite a feat.

Deadred wrote:
After totally not seeing any link between the swimmer Herbert [Flying Fish] Nitsch 700 feet freediver and the not specifically associated with diving CM 44 Flying Fish 1,650 feet watch, I've given up thinking Breitling now put any considered thought into its naming of special & limited editions :?

Well at least the Flying Fish is a dive watch, so it's relevant in terms of Nitsch being a diver. Red and ice aren't exactly synonymous with one another.....

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:47 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Looks damn awful.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:33 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Driver8 wrote:
Sorry but it's another hideous offering. That carbon dial just doesn't work with a busy chronograph. Legibility will be terrible IMO. And the red is just tacky. It manages to look bling without any bling! Quite a feat.

<snip>

Well at least the Flying Fish is a dive watch, so it's relevant in terms of Nitsch being a diver. Red and ice aren't exactly synonymous with one another.....

I agree that the carbon dial is a poor choice, but this amount of red detail for me looks fine. This is a personal thing as it would contrast well with red clothing. At least it does not have a red rubber bezel. All academic for me as I have no desire for a B4B , so we agree that this does not hit the model/colour combo whatever way you look at it.

Yes the CM is very water resistant but I have never considered it to be a dive watch like Avenger's or SO's. I defend my comment and raise it to say that the watch of the extreme record breaker should be Breitling's deepest diver. The Seawolf would have been the best current model to associate with man's deepest diver. The problem is as I see it the SW is an older model [my goodness, it has a useful bezel] and is cheaper than a CM 44, but that is just my cynicism creeping in.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:20 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 12 posts
Deadred wrote:

Yes the CM is very water resistant but I have never considered it to be a dive watch like Avenger's or SO's. I defend my comment and raise it to say that the watch of the extreme record breaker should be Breitling's deepest diver. The Seawolf would have been the best current model to associate with man's deepest diver. The problem is as I see it the SW is an older model [my goodness, it has a useful bezel] and is cheaper than a CM 44, but that is just my cynicism creeping in.

An inhouse Seawolf would have been perfect, or at least the SOII with a lume pip on the bezel.