The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:20 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
I can only say: It was expensive, but not as expensive, as I was afraid of.

Breitling had no real surprises for this year, as nearly I knew nearly everything already. A lot of new dials for different models: Starliner, Superocean, Cockpit Lady. Best one is the new dial for the Airwolf!
Only few new things, all of them already posted.

TAG Heuer was really interesting. They have a limited black PVD Grand Carrera, which is really nice. Also they are planning to bring out a mobile phone as a comptetition to Vertu.

Very nice is the new Omega Seamaster AquaTerra with the manufacture CoAxial movement (also in the ladies variant), although the pricing is a little bit high.

Rado has brought a completely new Integral series on the market and new Ceramica Chronographs with colourful dials.

Chopard offers a beautiful new ladies watch, nice Mille miglia models and a few more complicated things.

Glashütte Original has presented a new chronograph, that fullfills all the criteria for beeing a Full Ling (except beeing the right brand)

The new Rolex Seadweller is the first Rolex, I have ever seen, that I personally like. Nice size, good bracelet and a clasp that is better than the old Seikostyle ones.

IWC has a new Heritage collection, limited 8 models, which is really nice. But they don't want my money...

Montblanc still believes, its a watchbrand, has their first manufacture caliber, but I doubt, its sellable.

Vacheron Constantin has presented a "build Your own watch" system, which is very interesting, although pricy. They offer the combination of Redgold, Titanium and Tantalum with different dials and bracelets.

There was an awfull lot more things, like a unique watch for 1 million Euros, which is only a tourbillon (without hands!), which sold on the second day, and lots and lots more. Was for sure worth the trip.

BG
Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:09 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Thanks for the Basel update Thomas. :thumbsup:

I think we're all generally a little non-plussed by the new breitling models this year (except perhaps the Bentley GMT).

I still can't believe that Breitling have done nothing new for the Windrider range. If ever there's a range crying out for something bigger then that's it!

After all, we have the SA, SOH and the new SOHC all over 46mm in the Aeromarine range : the Navi World, Monty Legende and the new Chronomatic all over 46mm in the Navitimer range : and even the Professional range has the Emergency Mission at 45mm (and VERY thick!), whereas the Windrider range doesn't even have a 44mm model!! :?

Come on Breitling, bring out a Chronomat "Grande" or a new version Crosswind at 47 to 48mm I say!! :evil:

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:25 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Cool! :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:25 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post