The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:17 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
H.Solo wrote:
Altair, you truly are keeping it all together here! :bow:

thanks, doing my best!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:19 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

H.Solo wrote:

Weird, it seems that when I reference your post my reply always seems like it was posted before hand? Unless you own the Delaurian or some other time travel device, must be some sort of time tag bug in the forum software. I wonder if this post will also apear before your second reply?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:20 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Altair wrote:
H.Solo wrote:

Weird, it seems that when I reference your post my reply always seems like it was posted before hand? Unless you own the Delaurian or some other time travel device, must be some sort of time tag bug in the forum software. I wonder if this post will also apear before your second reply?

Servers have been playing up for the last day or so - check the time at the top right of the screen and you will occasionally see that it is off. Also explains why some posts that you have read show unread later.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:39 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Thanks Altair,

I did not wear it, it has still all the plastics on it. :)

Concerning the direct communication: When I joined this project I sent a PM to you if it is ok if I deal directly with GS (since I am from Germany) and you said you had no problem with it. But I certainly understand why this sucks in this situation. Should I now write GS directly that I need to return the watch or do you want to? I especially want to know if he will send a paket label or calls someone to pick it up.

Well, hats off anyways for your work and for what you have done and are now doing for all (or in this case a part) of us. :bow: The watch itself is really a winner!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:04 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

No shipping notification for me yet..... :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:07 am 
Contributing Curmudgeon
Contributing Curmudgeon

Liked in: 1 post
Altair wrote:
All, since there was changes in the LE number preferences mid stream and Steinhart mistakingly disregarded my updated shipping instructions, there is a chance that you might get the wrong LE number (if you changed after payment only) in which case you will be given a fedex number, you may return your watch at Steinharts expense to them and receive your correct LE number. Note: there is only a chance this might be the scenario and only for a small number of people. but just saying.

Finally, I have informed Steinhart that if any one you does not receive the watch for shipping reasons I will refund them directly and Steinhart can work out the problem with me, please contact me in that scenario.

Altair,

I greatly appreciate all of the effort you are putting into this. My point is that their screw ups are costing everyone...you, everyone who ordered a watch, and Steinhart...extra time, money, and aggravation. This is all needless. It doesn't matter how low Steinhardt's profit margin is on this project, it's even lower now because of their inability to take a little bit more time in the first place to do things right. The customer always pays for this in the end, both in time wasted and in higher cost of product.

So if a customer in the U.S. gets the wrong watch, and that watch is sent back to Steinhart, the person will still be getting a bill from Fedex for around $100 for the customs fees. They will presumably get another bill for $100 when the correct watch arrives. What should they do in this instance? I am almost positive that Fedex will not waive the first charge...they don't care whether the watch was sent back, and they certainly are not going to waive the $25 or so that is their processing fee. I am sure people in other countries will have similar issues. Will the second watch be sent as "warranty swap" or something so we don't have to pay customs and excise?

///M

Last edited by Mofongo on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:47 am 
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
The extra time and money part is a fact . Aggravation is optional.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:12 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Mofongo wrote:
Altair wrote:
All, since there was changes in the LE number preferences mid stream and Steinhart mistakingly disregarded my updated shipping instructions, there is a chance that you might get the wrong LE number (if you changed after payment only) in which case you will be given a fedex number, you may return your watch at Steinharts expense to them and receive your correct LE number. Note: there is only a chance this might be the scenario and only for a small number of people. but just saying.

Finally, I have informed Steinhart that if any one you does not receive the watch for shipping reasons I will refund them directly and Steinhart can work out the problem with me, please contact me in that scenario.

Altair,

I greatly appreciate all of the effort you are putting into this. My point is that their screw ups are costing everyone...you, everyone who ordered a watch, and Steinhart...extra time, money, and aggravation. This is all needless. It doesn't matter how low Steinhardt's profit margin is on this project, it's even lower now because of their inability to take a little bit more time in the first place to do things right. The customer always pays for this in the end, both in time wasted and in higher cost of product.

So if a customer in the U.S. gets the wrong watch, and that watch is sent back to Steinhart, the person will still be getting a bill from Fedex for around $100 for the customs fees. They will presumably get another bill for $100 when the correct watch arrives. What should they do in this instance? I am almost positive that Fedex will not waive the first charge...they don't care whether the watch was sent back, and they certainly are not going to waive the $25 or so that is their processing fee. I am sure people in other countries will have similar issues. Will the second watch be sent as "warranty swap" or something so we don't have to pay customs and excise?

///M

Mofongo, I see your points, as far as Steinharts added costs and aggravation, trust me they are feeling it! And I will make it clear to them. They are a small and developing firm and they have a bit of work to do to get to a truly professional level, as much aggravation and time I have spent trying to get things to work, I cant help but root for them. yes this is not an optimal situation, far from it, but hopefully when you do get your watch in your hands it will be all worth it. And Steinhart will have learned a lesson from this shipping mishap.

As far as importing costs, if you refuse to accept the shipment then neither you nor FedEx are obligated to pay anything as customs, and you will not be billed for a processing fee. Steinhart should get that bill, I refused a shipment once on similar grounds and was never billed, it only stand to reason that the same happens to you.

Again, you should not pay an extra cent based on others mistakes, when I proposed this LE as a community activity I feel a certine level of responsibility here. I have personally refunded other buyers based on the delayed response, and will do all I can to make sure you and any others who got a shipping error are pleased with the outcome.

now, every one please lets try and focus on the positives, we are getting what I believe to be the best designed pilot chrono of all time and at a heck of a price! All 4 shipping errors WILL be taken care of to satisfactory levels, I promise once you do get the watch in your hands this will all be worth it.

All I know is I am out on next LE!!!!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:26 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi Altair,

should I contact GS directly about the wrong delivery or do you want to do it?

My main concern was, that because some users switched their LE-Numbers (me included) Steinhart could have mixed the engravings. I wonder if the user who has mistakenly received my #13 can say if there was a name engraved on the back? Because there shouldn't.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:32 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Mr. Cat W. wrote:
Hi Altair,

should I contact GS directly about the wrong delivery or do you want to do it?

My main concern was, that because some users switched their LE-Numbers (me included) Steinhart could have mixed the engravings. I wonder if the user who has mistakenly received my #13 can say if there was a name engraved on the back? Because there shouldn't.

Hi sorry missed yoru earlier response, no no engraving mistakes, just 4 cases of wrong shipments (one was an early shipment) so should be sorted out quickly.

I have already sent the girls an email with your information and they did not respond yet, I think they had an "oh SNAP!" moment :lol:

Please feel free to call and confirm, but let them know that your original watch is with one of our other members, and he should get his watch sent ASAP, rather than wait till they get your back. i will be vouching and guaranteeing that member.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:36 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

if someone want the watch and only have got the wrong number,

its the cheapest way to sent back only the engraved bottom and get the right one

or sapphire bottom version too

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:59 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Altair wrote:
I have already sent the girls an email with your information and they did not respond yet, I think they had an "oh SNAP!" moment :lol:

Please feel free to call and confirm, but let them know that your original watch is with one of our other members, and he should get his watch sent ASAP, rather than wait till they get your back. i will be vouching and guaranteeing that member.

I sent a mail since it is 8 pm in Germany now and the office is certainly closed. But do you think they send a different watch? I don't think so... do they have any spare watches left?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:05 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:00 am 

Liked in: 33 posts
Cat W! I'll be getting yours Monday. If you are in US, why don't we just FedEx eachother rather than sending back to gemamy. PM me!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:27 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi sharkman,

sorry i'm in Germany about 200 miles away from Steinhart, isn't that ironic? :/

Last edited by Mr. Cat W. on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next