Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:53 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Altair wrote:
I will have to see what is going on with the box.

Hey Altair, any word from "The Man" (that'd be Gunter!) regarding the fancy box, additional strap and paperwork yet? (I was going to PM you, but thought the question would be of interest to the rest of the LE owners too).

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:04 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 13 posts
Driver8 wrote:
Altair wrote:
I will have to see what is going on with the box.

Hey Altair, any word from "The Man" (that'd be Gunter!) regarding the fancy box, additional strap and paperwork yet? (I was going to PM you, but thought the question would be of interest to the rest of the LE owners too).

Glad you posted it publicly D8. I do like the look of that box complete with strap and tool.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:01 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
wow there guys, lets not jump to conclusions! I do not know what box we are getting but I know it is not the heavy burl wood for sure! In fact we may have already have gotten our box, Gunter set up a dealer account for me so that he can apply the discount, and that included a break down of prices (not for publishing) and I know that he usually sends watches to the distributors without boxs unless they ask, we upgraded as necessary while keeping the price low. However I do know he shipped the watches without the extra strap and MAYBE the right box to meet our deadline. They are on vacation now but I will confirm as soon as I know what is up, sorry if I had not been explicitly clear before.

Look at it like this, if we had waited for the complete package we would still be waiting on the watches and unsure when they will ship!

To summerize, we are getting an extra strap and paperwork and maybe an extra box (unlikely)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Altair wrote:
wow there guys, lets not jump to conclusions! I do not know what box we are getting but I know it is not the heavy burl wood for sure! In fact we may have already have gotten our box, Gunter set up a dealer account for me so that he can apply the discount, and that included a break down of prices (not for publishing) and I know that he usually sends watches to the distributors without boxs unless they ask, we upgraded as necessary while keeping the price low. However I do know he shipped the watches without the extra strap and MAYBE the right box to meet our deadline. They are on vacation now but I will confirm as soon as I know what is up, sorry if I had not been explicitly clear before.

Look at it like this, if we had waited for the complete package we would still be waiting on the watches and unsure when they will ship!

To summerize, we are getting an extra strap and paperwork and maybe an extra box (unlikely)

OK that's fine. Sorry, I thought we had a box upgrade too - (see this thread - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13983&start=15 , page 2, second post, from you Altair where you said, "We opted for the upgraded box once we decided on an LE"). No worries if not (at least not as far as I'm concerned!) as the fancy box is just a 'nice to have', not the end of the world. I was wondering when the paperwork might arrive though, but if they're still on hols that's fine. I'm sure you'll keep us informed and up to date. :thumbsup: Cheers.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:40 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Thats right, however my comment was before we found the group discount loophole, as I said sorry i was not so thorough however I did specify what we where getting and did not mention the specific type of box after the price determination post, I still should have specified that the box option was modified.

Anyway, I will most definitely keep you updated as soon as I get concrete answers. This process might seem a bit long and borish, so please bear with me. You have my word I am doing the best I can to get us the most for our money, and if I mess up and forget to mention something I hope you ask so i can get on it. The first LE was a bit more hectic than anticipated but I still think we did OK and it definitely was a learning experience that will benefit the second LE.

Other than me not being clear on the box type, are there any other concerns? Please do post here if you have any issues I can help you straighten out! Quality, irregularities, address change etc etc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:53 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 0 post
Here's a little concern. On my bezel at around the 2:00 the polished bezel almost looks like it is a plated bezel and the shiney has come off. Can you confirm if the bezel is indeed polished SS and not plated. I will take after it with the Cape Cods if its solid but might send it back to Gutner (if its plated) to have the bezel replaced. Again it is very slight and I havent worn it maybe 10 days total before I noticed it the other day. I dont remember seeing that before.

Bell & Ross BR03-92 Phantom
Steinhart BreitlingSource LE #5/15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:06 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Altair wrote:
Thats right, however my comment was before we found the group discount loophole, as I said sorry i was not so thorough however I did specify what we where getting and did not mention the specific type of box after the price determination post, I still should have specified that the box option was modified.

Anyway, I will most definitely keep you updated as soon as I get concrete answers. This process might seem a bit long and borish, so please bear with me. You have my word I am doing the best I can to get us the most for our money, and if I mess up and forget to mention something I hope you ask so i can get on it. The first LE was a bit more hectic than anticipated but I still think we did OK and it definitely was a learning experience that will benefit the second LE.

Other than me not being clear on the box type, are there any other concerns? Please do post here if you have any issues I can help you straighten out! Quality, irregularities, address change etc etc

No problems at all Altair. There's been so many threads and posts during the development it's been hard to keep track, so I guess a few of us missed not. Apologies for that.

And again you've done a superb job pulling this (and the Mark II!!) together. :bow:

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:09 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

after not touching the watch for a week, i wound it up and reset the time last night. so far it's died on me a couple times. in each case i've had to reset the time and it starts running again (shaking watch or winding it didn't help). i'll monitor it some more and see if it's a persistant problem.

edit: watch stopped again just now, for a 3rd time since last night. i'll drop you a pm altair.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:26 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

cxbxax,

Please contact Steinhart, he will ship the watch via DHL at his cost. He has a shipping arangment with them so all you have to do is mension his contract number and it will be taken care of, no need for you to put in any funds.

Odd that it stopped working! Probably something miniscule, in any case they will either fix or replace at their cost according to Gunter.

Bronco, the surface is definately NOT painted or applied! It is steel all the way through. try a cape cod on it and if it does not fix the issue send a pic to me or Steinhart.

Guys please do remember I am not affiliated in any way with Steinhart, I am just doing the LE coordination and pointing you in the right direction as a service to the community

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:53 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I didnt really think so, but wanted to double check before I put the cape cods to it. Thanks

Bell & Ross BR03-92 Phantom
Steinhart BreitlingSource LE #5/15