The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Where to buy first Breitling?
Poll ended at Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:10 pm
Authorized Jewelry Store? 77%  77%  [ 10 ]
Online? 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Just so you guys know what I'm talking about...

This is what the movement should look like:

And this is what the inside of the caseback should look like:

The movement is not the same... and the caseback in the auction looks like it was laser etched, while this real one looks like it was actually engraved right in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:12 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Roffensian wrote:
Driver8 - I can get a bronze dial Montrbillant Legende for $4,700 Canadian - almost the same as the GBP2200 that Authentic Watches are offering it for - online just isn't worth it for me unless it is a watch that I can't get from an AD - like an older / vintage model.

Where can you get that from Roffensian if you don't mind me asking? From a US AD? If so I'd be EXTREMELY tempted to give them a call. I'm not sure if they'd post a watch overseas though?

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:50 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Driver8 wrote:
Where can you get that from Roffensian if you don't mind me asking? From a US AD? If so I'd be EXTREMELY tempted to give them a call. I'm not sure if they'd post a watch overseas though?

Just from my local AD here in Toronto. I went in to see them last week to get an update on a watch that they have on order for me and was talking to the guy. Canadian list for the Legende on SS is $6,100, he offered me a discount and we discussed what a fair price would be. I brought up the fact that US prices were much more attractive right now because of the exchange rate - 1CAD is worth more than 1USD and he offered it to me for CAD 4,700.

I declined as I am after TT, but you are welcome to talk to him - let me know if you are interested and I can PM you his details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:16 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
I think there are several trusted online brokers to purchase from. I did a lot of research before making my purchase, and feel I got the best deal out there. I did refer to Ebay some, but never actually considered purchasing from an individual seller there. I would purchase from an Ebay store though, especially a trusted one like AuthenticWatches.com that has several listings, and great feedback. Don't get me wrong, Ebay is a great site, but it seems the majority of fraud I've witnessed has occured through individuals selling timepieces there.

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:26 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
The movt is definitely real as the fake has the faults that I pointed out earlier. It's certainly possible that the bracelet is a fake as they are a fraction of the cost of the real deal and pretty much identical. The datewheel printing of the fakes is only made to look like the genuine watch on an Asain made 7750 movt not if it has a genuine ETA 7750 movt, the the fakers do not change the datewheel on genuine 7750's as this is an extra cost for them and they need to make these as cheaply as possible to maximise profit.

Also the minute counter wheel in this watch is not gold plated but plain silver coloured. This is how genuine ETA 7750's are supplied to the brands. The fake movt and the gen ETA 7750 fakes all have a gold minute counter wheel. Also as I mentioned before the micro adjuster would not be present on the fake with the Asian 7750 movt and in the pics here it is - so this is a genuine ETA/Breitling 7750 movt. Cannot explain the sub hands so maybe it's a Franken watch which is certainly possible!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mark you definately know your stuff! Why are the movements different looking in their engraving and the amount of decoration?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:00 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hello everyone... I had the watch appraised by an AD (Morgon's in Torrance, CA) and they confirmed the watch is indeed authentic, including the bracelet... Also, they showed me a new B- watch, I forget the model, that has the arrows on all of the subdials...

Interesting! Anyway, thank you all for your assistance on this! I will continue to watch this site and learn from you all!

Thanks again... Now I can sleep!

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:34 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Good News!!

i have 1 question i dont understand was the watch new or used?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very good to know that the watch is indeed real! Looks like some changes were made to the watch... very good info. Learned a lot in this thread!

Congrats on the new watch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:40 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Sorry,
but I cannot believe it.

I have all together 30 Chronomat Evolution on stock, 2 of them are from the first delivery series, some from this year. None of them has the arrows on the totalisers hands.

I really doubt it. But I would have to see the watch.

Did You check the weight?

BG
Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd really like to know why the rotor looks different also, did Breitling just change it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:40 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

The watch was represented as new... Is it possible that the AD did not notice that it was not real?? They opened the back and said that it was a European model, if that makes sense.

I still have some concerns about the authenticity relating to the hands on the subdial, but the seller will only accept a refund with a letter from an AD that it is not authentic.

I have not yet weighed it since i do not have a scale with that level of precision... I can try to do this at the post office, I guess...

Thoughts, ideas??? I do not want to wonder if I am a B-Poser! Also, I want to get me money back if possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:59 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

I would definitely weigh the piece, and visit another Breiling AD if one is in your area. If you raise enough hell through Ebay, they will get involved and your money will be refunded, especially if you paid via PayPal.

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:09 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I'm beginning to have my doubts now as well so maybe I don't know as much as I thought I did!!!

It would be useful if you could take a closer pic of the movt for me to see. I have realised that the silver minute counter gear is usually found on the older 17 jewelled version of the 7750. The later 25 jewel 7750's do have gold minute counter gears and these movts would be supplied to Breitling in ebauche (kit) form. The number of jewels will be engraved on the movt plate along with a movt serial number. If there's no movt serial number then it's a standard ETA 7750. Also on closer inspection of the ebay pics I cannot see any perlage decoration on the plates so I'm now thinking that this is an ETA 7750 powered fake!

The sub hands are also very confusing as there's nothing like that on B's website but the fakes don't normally come like that either. In fact the fake Evo is one of the most accurate out there with regards to outward appearance.

I would definitely get this checked out by Breitling. telephone them in Switzerland (I had my CA checked as I needed to get a duplicate COSC cert - they were very helpful), give them the serial number and they will confirm if the number is genuine and where the watch originated from. They might also be able to tell you if it's a known fake serial number. I'm not sure if the fakes have sequential serial numbers which would make that a little difficult but certainly some Panerai fakes have sequential numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:55 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I only had access to a postal scale and it came in at 7.4 oz, or 210 grams... I am not sure how accurate the scale is...

Thoughts?

I will not have time to get to another AD for another week or so (must travel for work tomorrow) and need to get a resolution soon!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next