The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:47 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello All! Huge Breitling fan that has spent most of my time on WUS, but now that I'm on my second Breitling, I feel I should move over to a more specialized forum :)

I purchased a Navitimer 1 38mm from Chrono24 and just received it today. I feel pretty comfortable with the transaction, but being OCD, I've dissected the entire thing in my head and would appreciate your feedback! Also, I removed the bracelet right away to put on an aftermarket strap while I assess everything :)

First off, the dealer was based in Hong Kong and had an office in Dubai as well. Considered a Verified Seller and had 200ish reviews, with the very high majority being positive. None mentioning any concern with authenticity. The majority of watches were all high end (Breitling, Zenith, Audemars etc)

Here's a breakdown of my thoughts:

Plus:
It looks beautiful, fit and finish is fantastic
Winding/Adjusting Time/Date are all very smooth
All paperwork is present including warranty card (although do the Navitimer 1's come with a paper slide rule? as I didn't get one here)

OCD Concerns:
The warranty card comes back to a dealer in Iraq (which, being that it shipped from Dubai, this makes sense). However, the dealer doesn't show up on Breitlings network? It is a real watch dealer.
The electric warranty card looks a little different than my card on my Colt from 2018. The ink is a different color, and it doesnt seem to get those marks when you press on the screen. I have seen some photos of this style of card before though, but not many.
The rotor is a little loud in that it will periodically give me a slight rattle when held close to my ear and moved around in random directions

Overall, I LOVE the watch, but hopefully someone can sooth some concerns of mine :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:01 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
It's def real

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:17 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

natesen wrote:
It's def real

Thanks for your quick reply! I think the warranty card is what throws me off the most. I've wrote to Breitling, but I know they can be a little fickle when it comes to matters like this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:58 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
They changed the electronic warranty card where it's white instead of the yellow

KWOJ likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:05 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

natesen wrote:
They changed the electronic warranty card where it's white instead of the yellow

Thanks, yeah they do seem nicer. I felt pretty comfortable with the different warranty card, but the Iraqi dealer that's not listed on Breitlings site is odd. Granted, there are dealers in Iraq, but not what's listed on it. I'm hoping it's just a situation where the dealership closed or lost Breitling.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:54 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Just got off the phone with Breitling USA. They were pleasant, but not overly helpful. Informed me that they cannot verify warranty information because it's stored in Switzerland, but that if the card is filled out, I should be good as those are very secure. I did reach out to my semi-local dealer, they informed me they'd take a look, which is awfully nice of them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:30 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Everything looks like the things I have to my superocean heritage from the end of 2019.

Probably you already now this but on the paper chronometre certificate there should be a rfid chip, probably in the white sticker with the reference number on the backside. It's always a good idea to take a rfid reader on the phone and check that there is a chip. The numbers you reading in doesn't say me anything but I guess that many fakes maybe forget this detail. You use that rfid chip when you start up the electronic warranty card.

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk