The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:32 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
In an effort to improve the "buying and selling experience" (especially in light of all the recent discussions concerning who may or may not be trustworthy, etc, etc), I had a quick chat to Admin and we came to the conclusion that slightly formalising the way we use the Feedback forum would be a good idea.

Therefore, (and this is just a suggestion, but might be a good idea if we all adopted it) can everyone who conducts a transaction with a member on here just write a quick feedback post (in the Feedback Forum, obviously!) for the person concerned please.

I know a lot of this goes on anyway, but if we just formalise it a little it'll help others see who is trustworthy, who maybe isn't, and who simply hasn't made a transaction here yet. That way, prospective buyers can do a quick search of the person's name and get info from people who have had first-hand experience.

We also think it'd be a good idea to have a standard naming convention for feedback post titles to make searching easier -

Put the name of the person, followed by "Trusted Seller", or "Trusted Buyer", or "Problematic", or something similar. (e.g. "Driver8 - Trusted Buyer")

As and when I get the time I'll use my "Powers of Modification" :wink: to update a few of the existing Feedback Forum titles to reflect this naming convention.

Thanks all!

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:36 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
Great idea. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:57 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
:thumbsup: Great Driver8....Some quick action on the lines I was thinking of, it will prove a great help when buying/selling to members.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:17 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Driver8 wrote:
As and when I get the time I'll use my "Powers of Modification" :wink: to update a few of the existing Feedback Forum titles to reflect this naming convention.

Well credit where credit's due. Much as I hate to acknowledge Driver8 in any way, according to the Moderator Logs he has indeed updated a "few" of them.

74 to be exact

:bow:

Thanks Driver8!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:22 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Roffensian wrote:
Driver8 wrote:

Well credit where credit's due. Much as I hate to acknowledge Driver8 in any way, according to the Moderator Logs he has indeed updated a "few" of them.

74 to be exact

:bow:

Thanks Driver8!

:lol: It was a quiet day in the office yesterday! :lol:

Well yes I've updated the titles on those that specifically gave feedback and generally left the rest alone. Hopefully it'll help prospective buyers vet their sellers a little easier. :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:46 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Both of you, Driver and Roff are doing great job. :bow:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:55 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

bnewbie wrote:
Both of you, Driver and Roff are doing great job. :bow:

Thanks Bnewbie! :thumbsup: But it's also a testament to the maturity of 99.9% of the membership that means the mod work that Admin, Roff and myself have to undertake is kept to a minimum.

And while we're slapping-each others backs, you Bnewbie are doing a truly great job clearing all those bl&@dy fakes off eBay! :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:08 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Driver8 wrote:
And while we're slapping-each others backs, you Bnewbie are doing a truly great job clearing all those bl&@dy fakes off eBay! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Driver.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:31 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
I know this announcement thread is a bit old now, so this post might get lost here; but could someone advise if its OK to list feedback on sellers and buyers from other forums? I've noticed others asking about the credentials of buyers from another forum, so maybe this is alright. If a rule hasn't been decided, perhaps it might be OK if the sale was for a Breitling watch, not matter where that occurred. However, my considered opinion is that we are all likely to float around amongst the many forums, so information about good or bad trades would be welcome irrespective of the forum, site or watch brand.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:48 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
arcadelt wrote:
I know this announcement thread is a bit old now, so this post might get lost here; but could someone advise if its OK to list feedback on sellers and buyers from other forums? I've noticed others asking about the credentials of buyers from another forum, so maybe this is alright. If a rule hasn't been decided, perhaps it might be OK if the sale was for a Breitling watch, not matter where that occurred. However, my considered opinion is that we are all likely to float around amongst the many forums, so information about good or bad trades would be welcome irrespective of the forum, site or watch brand.

Feedback on any buyer or seller is welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:34 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:50 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Great Job guys.....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]