The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:31 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
On 11/3 spowell agreed to sell me a Breitling watch listed on the forum for $3,600 and then proceeded to change the rules as the game progressed, e.g., just hours after our agreement, edited his post and increased the price to $3,700 (moderators can confirm this); later stated I would have to pay an additional 3% extra PayPal charge or send him a cash gift; pay half the freight from Canada; etc. None of this was listed in his original for sale post.

"Brand new and unworn. Not a display model. Introduced at Basel 2014 and featuring the Breitling 01 (Manufacture) movement. 5-year warranty, with free service at year 2 & 4. Includes everything: hang tag, new style box, 5-year warranty card dated Nov 15, 2015, manual and COSC certificate. Ran for 72 hours on full wind. Timegrapher has it at +1 sec/day in the vertical position. Watch is from Govbergs. Will ship Worldwide. Many References available.

MSRP: $8,030
Selling: $3,600 Shipped"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:28 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
"(moderators can confirm this)"

Moderators cannot see what edits were made or when, they can only see how many edits in total on a post and when the last edit was made, nothing else.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:13 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
One thing to also note is that there is no free service at years 2 and 4. All they do is pressure test it.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:46 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Roffensian wrote:
"(moderators can confirm this)"

Moderators cannot see what edits were made or when, they can only see how many edits in total on a post and when the last edit was made, nothing else.

Roff, thanks for the clarification.

I committed to purchasing the watch here: Sent: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:41 pm
He changed the price here: Last edited by spowell on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:25 pm

Anyone can see this at the bottom of spowell's for sale post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:57 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 7 posts
Garry "double00 " tried to pull a scam on me. I didn't fall for it. Now he is pissed. Sent vulgar emails. Not the kind of trash that should be on this forum.

Breitling Chronomat 44 Airborne
Breitling SuperOcean 42 Chronograph
Rolex SD43 126600
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
Rolex Explorer I 214270
Rolex Explorer II 216570

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:34 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

spowell wrote:
Not the kind of trash that should be on this forum.

Well if you are going to pull that card.....

I received a PM from spowell titled "Fake Member" which read "username: double00 who signed up on Oct 29 contacted me a couple of days later about a watch I have listed for sale. He tried a con on me. Fake menber you should remove him."

That was the full text of the PM so I asked for additional information and received nothing.

Clearly there are two sides to every story and I have zero information to determine who, if anyone, is at fault or whether this is an example of bad communications. As any long term member of BreitlingSource will know we don't ban members lightly, and certainly not based on unsubstantiated accusations.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:49 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Well, I have been a contributing member, trusted buyer and seller on this site for 6 years. This other guy joined two weeks ago. This should speak for itself.

Rolex SD43 126600
Rolex Explorer I 214270
Rolex Explorer II 216570

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:40 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

spowell wrote:
Well, I have been a contributing member, trusted buyer and seller on this site for 6 years. This other guy joined two weeks ago. This should speak for itself.

Indeed, and a PM with evidence of problems would have been taken seriously and investigated. A demand to ban someone without any explanation why will not get any action from me regardless of how long you have been here, how many sales you have made or whether you are a contributor.

I'll say again, if there is evidence of fraudulent activity from double00 please provide me details and I will look into it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:16 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

If I were spowell, I would be embarrassed. He has been called out and does not know what to do about it.

He should apologize to the forum and admit he edited his for sale post and raised the price on the watch within an hour of us agreeing to a final price, admit he did not list his terms in his original for sale post and later tell me there would be 3% additional charge for PayPal and finally, he should not have listed the price at $3,600 shipped then later tell me I would have to pay half the freight charges from Canada.

His for sale post also stated there was free service included at years 2 and 4. I found out later from a member of this forum there is no free service at years 2 and 4. All they do is pressure test the watch.

Rather than admitting the truth, he has chosen to attack me. If “you sir are not an honorable seller” is vulgar, than I am guilty of sending him a vulgar email.

I have had very successful business career and have owned a Rolex Submariner since 1995. IMO it is a subtle watch that makes a positive statement. I recently decided I wanted something with a few more bells and whistles and settled on a Breitling.

I am not a watch person. I even had to google chronograph to see how it worked and what it was. I joined this forum to learn more about Breitling watches and possibly find a good buy on a watch from one of the members.

I am the opposite of a conman, far from what you would call trash and not even close to being using spowell’s terminology “pissed”.

My original post on this subject was to alert other potential buyers what they might face dealing with spowell. I know I would have appreciated the heads-up. If we as buyers don’t hold sellers accountable for their actions, the classifieds would be a questionable place to do business.

spowell has decided to hide behind the fact he is a contributor to the forum and a member for 6 years. He can run, but he can’t hide. The facts are the facts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:42 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Yes, the price was $3600 shipped when I was residing in the USA where Shipping is much cheaper. When I returned to Canada the price was raised to $3700 shipped to reflect the higher cost of shipping. All my sale prices are net, add 3% for PP fees if you wish to pay that way.

The free service at year 2 & 4 on the B01 includes regulation, lubrication and pressure test as per BUSA.

I determine who I sell my watches to period. If I get any a feeling that I am dealing with a dishonest person like I did with you Gary, I will terminate the deal as is my right. The deal is never finalized until the courier picks up the package at my business.

Rolex SD43 126600
Rolex Explorer I 214270
Rolex Explorer II 216570

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]