Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:22 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Hi Guys,
Planning to upgrade my Navi Fighter, for either the Limited blue black/Stratos grey Navitimer.
Found a good deal on Chrono24. Chose to use Chrono24 trusted check out (they keep the money until you receive your watch and if all is good they pass the payment on to the dealer).
After several email exchanges with RG Fine Swiss Timepieces, I decided to go ahead with the purchase. This is where my heart started to rule my head, after seeing photos on here of both watches I knew I had to have one or the other.
I asked for a photo with the time and date of my choice ,no reply. Should have walked away then, but no.
Then I said about the price because of the VAT I would have to pay here in France, Switzerland not being in the EU, said he would send from Germany no vat for me he still gets his price. Still I went ahead .
Sent email to dealer telling him I had paid in full, Chrono24 sent me details of my purchase and also conformation to RG Fine Swiss Timepieces of full payment.
The delivery time went from 3 to 5 days to 2 to 3 weeks.
After nearly a week not a word from the dealer, but Chrono24 emailed to ask if I was happy with my purchase. I then told them I had not heard a word from RG and that if I had not heard any thing by today (Thursday) I would be canceling the order. I also sent the same to the dealer. Within a couple of hours I had at last an email from the dealer;
This is the mail, word for word

You wired the money to Chrono24 not to me, so they have to confirm.(or they should have done already)
I get the money from them after the watch has be delivered.
But this will not happen, I told Chrono24 that I cancel the business with you.
(This is the good bit )
with people like you I don,t do business .

God forbid I should ask what is going on with my own money with not a word from him after a week. Before the payment he replied with in the hour.

Glad I used Chrono24 Trusted checkout, as my money was back in my account the following day.

Think I will do what I have done with my last 2 :lingsrock: and go to a bricks and mortar shop.

Just to let you all know he is still on Chrono24 and the watch I was going to buy is now available for immediate delivery,make of that what you want.
Just be careful of Ronald Grob of RG Fine Swiss Timepieces

Y