Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:50 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
Hey Barry,

You're right in thinking that you should feel safe when buying within the EU as trading regulations are tighter, same as you would expect from the US/Canada where costumer service is king, as it should be. The Canary Islands are, as you rightly pointed out, part of Spain and therefore the same rules must apply, that's what the book says. However, reality may disagree with this some times. I know this very well being Spanish myself.

A lot of jewelers down there look for quick sales, even more so when the sale in question is of a significant amount of cash such as a Breitling watch is, they may well say whatever the costumer wants to hear, like that the watch is a limited edition etc hoping that you take their word for it. This is, of course, completely dishonest and reprehensible behavior for any AD and, personally, I believe that nobody willing to use such tactics should be able to keep hold of their license as a Breitling AD or for any other reputable watch brand. However, they may get away with it simply because most people are there on holiday so it's not worth their time following up to denounce this bullshit. People just move on. Some sellers know this dynamic and try to use it to their advantage.

Now, all this wouldn't be a problem if they were selling Casios, but the issue here is that, obviously, they are selling high end watches to costumers who're willing to spend way above average on their watch. I agree with you; when you buy a watch at this level you assume, and expect, a certain level of integrity and service from the seller, not this cheap car-seller-like crap.

I've done my bit of traveling and work too to get the watches I wanted. I'd definitely be raging if an AD I put my trust on let me down like this, so I completely understand your frustration. All I can say is that if you need assistance with the language I can help out, so feel free to send me a PM if you need it.

Good luck! I hope that they send you an apology at least.

Nautilus 5711
Deep Sea D-Blue
Submariner Hulk
Tudor BB - FOR SALE
SOLD
Aerospace
Navitimer World
Bentley GT Racing
Cockpit
Navitimer 01 LE 788/2000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:23 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
I'm glad I came across this thread as I was planning to buy a Super Avenger II next April (2016) when one of my share schemes matures - THe last couple of visits I looked at the Breitlings at Ideal Joyeros in Costa Adeje & Playa Da Las Americas.
Now I'm beginning to think I would be better off getting a watch in the 2016 sales as I doubt I would get a better deal in Tenerife??