The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:14 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I have bought a Breitling Watch AB0110 – Chronomat 01. From the very beginning once the clock was winded and adjusted it was running fast. Every 15 days it was running fast some 5 minutes. The watch was returned to the local Breitling retailer in Montenegro (Monte Jewelry and Watches)and the watch was sent for calibration to the main Service in Belgrade. After calibration the watch was fully winded and adjusted and it was also running 5 minutes ahead for the period of 15 days. I was told that the was sent to VIenna however after contacting Mr Gaiger, I was told that the watch never made it to Vienna and that it was aging serviced in Belgrade. After the second calibration and service the watch is now running some 4 minutes slow for the period of 20 days.
The service man said : Tolerance is -4/+6 seconds by day -this is COSC tolerance for chronometer movements
If we take the upper limit thats a minute and a half for 15 days... not 5 minutes.
I urge everyone not to buy Breitling watches as they are not good value for money and if the watch is faulty like in my case you will not get the right customer treatment. I have to sue the local retailer in order to get a replacement. I cant believe that I could have all these problems with a “renowned” watch manufacturer such as Breitling. My advice is - stay away from Breitling. Please feel free to contact me about my ordeal +38269234565 or mlopicic@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:21 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
I have deleted your duplicate post, please don't double post.

Sorry to hear that you have had problems, but I think that there are many people here who can attest that is not normal - either for the watch or the customer service. Perhaps try contacting Breitling in Switzerland directly and see if they can assist if you are not getting help with the local distributor / retailer?

Welcome to BreitlingSource.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:29 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
I'm going to guess this will be the only post he ever makes on here

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:36 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thank you for your reply. I have contacted Switzerland, and they have instructed me to contact the Brietling office in Vienna - Austria as they are responsible for the Easter Europe region. I did so and they have forwarded me to Mr Gaiger the chief of the Service / maintenance sector. I was told by the local retailer that the watch was sent to Vienna for service and after reading the watch ID number Mr Gaiger told me that the watch never made it to Vienna. After the conversation with Mr Gaiger I contacted the local retailer and they told me that they forgot to tell me that some main serviceman (Mark) came to Belgrade and that he fixed the watch and they we checking it. After four weeks I got the watch back (second calibration was done) and watch was fully winded and adjusted and in 20 days it was 4 minutes late. Previous two times it was running 5 minutes fast every 15 days. I GOT A FAULTY WATCH.
I would like everyone to know about my problem and what a potential buyer is facing if there is a problem. I paid just under 5000 euros for the watch.
As far as I know I have heard that watches are passed from generation to generation and work faultlessly. This watch was serviced 3 times in six months.

I have to sue the Retailer to get anywhere as the manufacturer doesn't want to issue a replacement watch. DONT BUY BRIETLING !!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:39 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

MONTE JEWELRY & WATCHES
Bul. Dzordza Vasingtona 59
81000 Podgorica, Montenegro

Last edited by mlopicic on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:46 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

It sounds to me like a retailer issue more than anything else. If the watch never got to the regional centre in Vienna then they haven't yet had a chance to try and fix the problem. As you are posting all of the retailer's details I have little choice but to move this to the feedback section.

Edit, I have now deleted your triplicate identical post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:53 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I have removed the Retailers details.

Is there someone from Breitling that can help with this issue as this is a shame that a Brietling watch cant keep the time properly. Please send me some contact details to contact in Switzerland if you or anyone else can help.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:55 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks for assistance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:02 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

mlopicic wrote:
I have removed the Retailers details.

Is there someone from Breitling that can help with this issue as this is a shame that a Brietling watch cant keep the time properly. Please send me some contact details to contact in Switzerland if you or anyone else can help.

As I already said, it sounds like you need to get the watch to the distributor in Vienna. Based on your posts it sounds as though they haven't yet seen the watch.

Edit - yet another duplicate thread deleted. Next one gets a warning.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:08 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 86 posts
I feel bad for you that you are having so much trouble with your retailer but in my experience Breitling has been a great company to do business with. I had a Colt quartz chrono that was giving me problems, and they took care of me quickly and fairly. My AD was also very helpful and backed me up though it never really came to that. I have owned seven Breitling watches and currently have five. I would buy another Breitling in a heart beat and would suggest you look into another brand and hope you find the brand you can enjoy owning.
Frank.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:28 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Helderberg wrote:
I feel bad for you that you are having so much trouble with your retailer but in my experience Breitling has been a great company to do business with. I had a Colt quartz chrono that was giving me problems, and they took care of me quickly and fairly. My AD was also very helpful and backed me up though it never really came to that. I have owned seven Breitling watches and currently have five. I would buy another Breitling in a heart beat and would suggest you look into another brand and hope you find the brand you can enjoy owning.
Frank.

Frank,

Thank you for your input. I have taken the local retailer to Court. I dont know how long the process will take. I have another Breitling watch - Sport Avenger and its 100% accurate, and . However this Chronomat is a nightmare. In January I was in London for a short holiday and at the Heathrow Airport while I was looking at Breitling watches at the shop "Watches of Switerland" I told the staff about my ordeal. After speaking to them I have realised that the problem is the local Retailer of Breitling watchers in Podgorica, Montenegro. I am not sure that I bought a genuine Breitling watch!
As someone posted earlier maybe that is why the watch was never sent to Vienna but Belgrade instead ...
So its important to choose a good reliable retailer!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:34 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

The staff at the local retailer and the serviceman told me that I should wind the crown every night. It is an automatic and it does not need winding ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:27 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
Your problem is with your local AD, not with Breitling. Granted, ADs are supposed to represent the brand and to care for its costumers, but like in everything else at the end of the day you're dealing with people. You just been unfortunate with the AD.

Your watch probably only needs to be calibrated properly, which any qualified watchmaker could do for you. However for piece of mind I'd send the watch back to Breitling and ask them to do it. They will do it for free under warranty.

I understand your frustration - you're perfectly entitled to be frustrated - but you'll find that your Breitling watch will give you many years of reliable service once calibrated.

Good luck!

Nautilus 5711
Deep Sea D-Blue
Submariner Hulk
Tudor BB - FOR SALE
SOLD
Aerospace
Navitimer World
Bentley GT Racing
Cockpit
Navitimer 01 LE 788/2000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:42 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thank you all for the input. The watch was calibrated each time it went to service and they issued a report. There was no improvement after calibration.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:43 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I bought a Breitling Chronomat watch in December, 2012. Immediately, it was evident that it was not keeping accurate time (every 15 days it was 4-5 minutes fast) and I contacted the local retailer in Podgorica, Montenegro where I purchased the watch. They sent the watch for servicing and calibration in Belgrade. After 3-4 weeks, they returned the watch and said it was fixed.

After that, the retail manager wound the watch and I was wearing it. After 15 days, it was again 4-5 minutes fast. I returned the watch to the retailer and they were surprised and said they would send the watch to the main service in Austria which deals with southeastern Europe.

After another 3-4 weeks, I never got an answer so I called the service in Austria. They told me the watch had never arrived. I spoke to Mr. Geiger and I gave him the watch serial number (which is Chronomat ab011012/3009592). They confirmed that the watch definitely wasn't in Austria and had never arrived and advised to check with the local retailer in Montenegro. They, in turn, told me that they had re-sent the watch to Belgrade.

In about 10 days, I got a call from the retailer that the watch had arrived and I picked it up. They said everything was fine. After wearing the watch for 20 days, it was now 4 minutes slow! I returned the watch again to the retailer and requested that it be exchanged or to upgrade to a newer or better one.

I also have a Breitling Sport Avenger and it is running perfectly, and I believe the Chronomat must have some factory defect or other flaw. I had no alternative but to take the local retailer to court as they refused to cooperate in providing an exchange. I believe this is negative advertising for Breitling. Is this common practice for your local retailers? I have not been able to contact anyone from the head office even though I wrote to some emails I found on the Internet and nobody replied. Is this the way Breitling treats its loyal customers?