The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:34 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
This retailer is an embarrassment to the La Swiss chain in Canada. I went there and asked the price of an Olympus. I warned them I have done a lot of research and showed them printouts of some online sites in the low $5K range. The lady says "our price is the retail price of $7,400". I told her I'd give her one more try because 2 other La Swiss dealers quoted me $5,900. She goes to her manager and comes back and says $6,400! I told the manager I happened to be in the mall and if you can give me the price quoted by the other La Swiss dealers of $5,900, I'd buy it. The manager lied to me and told me they only quoted that price because they are going to renovate their store! This is untrue because I told her one of the other locations was the Bloor Street location....

The Bloor Street location has great service and caters to a "well-to-do" clientele. I told them the model I wanted. They said they would call me with the price in the next few days. 3 weeks later they called!!! They gave me the list price of $7,400! I told them they'd have to do a lot better than the MSRP. They said they'd call back in a couple of days. 2 weks later they give me a price of $5,900!!!! What is wrong with these people?! I have to wait over a month to get a REAL price?

The La Swiss store in Yorkdale. I walk in, 5 minutes later they let me try on a similar model (my specific model was not in stock) and they gave me a $5,900 price the first time. NO GAMES!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:15 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
marx wrote:
This retailer is an embarrassment to the La Swiss chain in Canada. I went there and asked the price of an Olympus. I warned them I have done a lot of research and showed them printouts of some online sites in the low $5K range. The lady says "our price is the retail price of $7,400". I told her I'd give her one more try because 2 other La Swiss dealers quoted me $5,900. She goes to her manager and comes back and says $6,400! I told the manager I happened to be in the mall and if you can give me the price quoted by the other La Swiss dealers of $5,900, I'd buy it. The manager lied to me and told me they only quoted that price because they are going to renovate their store! This is untrue because I told her one of the other locations was the Bloor Street location....

The Bloor Street location has great service and caters to a "well-to-do" clientele. I told them the model I wanted. They said they would call me with the price in the next few days. 3 weeks later they called!!! They gave me the list price of $7,400! I told them they'd have to do a lot better than the MSRP. They said they'd call back in a couple of days. 2 weks later they give me a price of $5,900!!!! What is wrong with these people?! I have to wait over a month to get a REAL price?

The La Swiss store in Yorkdale. I walk in, 5 minutes later they let me try on a similar model (my specific model was not in stock) and they gave me a $5,900 price the first time. NO GAMES!!!

I've been told Yorkdale is the place to go by others as well. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
I had extremely good service at the Yorkdale location. Roff deals with the Bloor location I believe, and has good service there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:17 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
breitlingsource wrote:
I had extremely good service at the Yorkdale location. Roff deals with the Bloor location I believe, and has good service there.

Well, Bloor, Yorkdale, I keep a few things going :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:25 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I visited the La Swiss in Fairview and the customer service was fantastic - great pricing right off the bat and had a great selection of watches for me to try on.

Anyone buy a watch from them?