The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:51 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 0 post
I would like to know if anyone has used Authenticwatches.com? Good experience? Not so good? Any sites you would recomend?

Thanks! Mark in Phoenix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:57 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I've bought from them 3 times without any problems. I bought an Oris TT1, Breitling Skyland and a Pro II for my CA.

Pros: decent prices, good inventory, free FedEx Overnight for purchases over $500, pretty good customer service.

Cons: grey market watches, so no factory warranty. Some watches may have the serial number removed, you have to read the description carefully.

In the end, you have to decide if it's worth it to save 25% or so and lose out on the factory warranty coverage. If you can find a convenient AD that is willing to give you 20% off, that might be the way to go as that small difference in price might buy you a lot of peace of mind. In my case, none of the local dealers had the watch I wanted and one would not budge off retail, the other was only offering 10%. So, I ended up going to Authenticwatches, and have no regrets.

Chrono Avenger, Grey Dial, Pro II
Steelfish, Black Dial, Ocean Racer
Super Avenger, White Dial, Pro II
Casio GWG-1000-1A3 Mudmaster
Sinn UX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:26 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Thanks for the feedback. I have purchased new and used watches from a dealer in Tucson AZ online and have had excelent luck. His web site is watchseller.com. They have new and used. I just didn't want to jump in and trust them all. Can you please explain what grey market watches are? Are they refurbished? purchased from shops going out of buisness? I would like to understand that term. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:01 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Grey market watches are watches that are sold through non-factory authorized dealers. Watches like Breitlings are only supposed to be sold through authorized dealers who are committed to maintain a certain price point in order to keep the value (both monetary and perceived) of the watch high.

Grey market watches are essentially the same as those sold through legitimate dealers but they will likely not have warranty or other coverage through the manufacturer.

Chrono Avenger, Grey Dial, Pro II
Steelfish, Black Dial, Ocean Racer
Super Avenger, White Dial, Pro II
Casio GWG-1000-1A3 Mudmaster
Sinn UX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:19 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi Mark
I am from Australia and have brought 4 Breitlings and 1 Gucci watch for my GF I have found Authentic Watches.com to be exceptional with their service and price.
Over in Australia the price for the Navitimer World is about $9000 I got this watch delivered to my door for about $6000 and I didnt have to pay inport tax
I am now in the process of buying a Chrominat Evolution in Gold

Overall Authentic Watches .com great company to deal with

kind regards
Marcus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:22 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
You should be OK if you are US based but for an international opinion on Authenticwatches.com check out this post - http://www.breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/v ... php?t=1015

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:36 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

After 2 years my TAG wasn't keeping time. Authentic Watches gave me the run-around and then claimed it needed an overhaul which wasn't covered by the warranty and would cost me $260 for $670 watch. I also paid almost $200 in shipping costs also due to AW going back on our agreement. They sell faulty watches with a worthless warranty. BEWARE of the overhaul clause!!!!!! Stay clear of them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:33 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 1 post
I spent a lot of time debating on buying from that site. From what I have gathered, the sale is straight shooting: you will get a watch in whatever condition as described, and exactly what they list. All their products are authentic and most are likely bulk purchases from ADs. With that said, the warranty stuff is a little complicated. If you get a watch through them, the warranty you get is through them, not Breitling. That means if they have their own service people, if they aren't Breitling Authorized, then they don't have Breitling parts nor do they have any standards to conform to...and you don't get to choose who services your watch. If the watch has to go back to Breitling for a warranty issue, you may be charged for it because the warranty's validity rests on the AD selling the watch.

So my honest opinion is that if you talk to a few of the ADs on this forum, they will give you a price that is often better than AuthenticWatches.com, and you also get the whole warranty and AD customer service experience. My local AD (who's also a forum sponsor here) gave me a price that was about $150 less on the model I wanted than AuthenticWatches (and the other big one). The warranty thing kind of turned me away given how much money a warranty can save and how unhappy I would be if my 'Ling was getting warranty work done from someone who may not be an authorized repair group. But that's all just my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:10 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 844 posts
Purchased my first super avenger from them, great prices no problems

1 Super avenger night mission
1 Limited edition chronomat Boston Celtics
Navitimer GMT
Transocean Chronograph Unitime
2 Omega planet ocean chronographs
1 Tag heuer Monaco

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:07 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I bought my breitling superocean heritage chronow for $3750, from authenticwatches.com, the best price i could find on ebay was $4150 while retail $6250. My only concern was if they sell original and brand new items. I read a lot of reviews of happy and unhappy customers and their experience with authenticwatches.com and now after one month i can only say that i'm very happy with watch i got from them. It came one day after my payment was was received, they overnighted from California to New Jersey where i live , original box and papers (including COSC with the serial number). Since it was my first time buying such as expensive item online and i know that 90% watches online are fakes i took my watch to 3 Breitling retailers in New Jersey to find out if this piece is authentic (LaViano- Westwood NJ, Tourneau - Paramus NJ, The Timepiece Collection- Englewood NJ) and they had no doubts about it. It is true that it comes without manufacturer warranty, they give you 3 years authenticwatches