Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help for Frustration
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:57 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Hey Guys: Need your advice and comments. I bought a Breitling Mt B Legende last Nov 2007 from an AD in St Thomas USVI. I have purchased from them before-no problems. This time I got a problem.My wife and I were running very late to get back on our ship. We had 30 minutes from the time I bought the watch to get to the ship and get all details complete. The AD agreed and sugested that I leave the box and cosc and papers and they would mail them later. OK I aid I have done this before with this AD and had no problem. As of this date I have not received my box and papers. I have called numerous times and each time they say we will mail them. Did not happen. Made a repeat trip to the store last week after calling to make sure the box and papers would be ready for pick up. No problem said the AD- when I arrived at the store and asked to see the salesman and collect my stuff. He is not working today and we can't contact him. Manager and staff no information about my items but promise to follow up and make sure that my box and papers are returned to me. Now it has been over a week with no contact and no box. Does anyone have a idea as to how to proceed now? I will be happy to name this AD if I don't get my stuff soon. Hindsight is perfect and I feel really stupid for allowing this to happen . Thanks for your ideas :( and FRUSTRATED

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:12 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I don't know if they have the Better Business Bureau there but if they do maybe a threat or action with the BBB would scare them into doing the right thing. This would probably negate any good deals relationship you may have but it doesn't sound like you will deal with them again anyway. Hope it all works out for you.

White Super Avenger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:56 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I don't know if you'd get any traction contacting Breitling directly and asking them how to proceed. This dealer is part of the authorized network, so I assume they must meet some minimum level of sales/service. At the very least, you can contact the store and let them know you are going to contact Breitling directly. That may or may not spur them into action. I really don't know how much involvement the parent company has with the dealer network, it's just a thought.

Good luck, I hope everything works out in the end.

Coral Club Founding Father
:coralclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:57 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Thanks to all. I will try Brietling direct-didn't think of that duh !! :lol: At least I got to blow off a little frustraton :) Wil put brain back in gear and go forth :)

Post subject: No Longer Frustrated
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:41 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Today was the day--got my missing items from the AD. :D Also talked with the sales person. After hearing what he had to say- I conclude that we were both in the dark a little. No one even told him that I came in ,as agreed to pick up my box and papers. I am glad that he and I are able to renew a good relationship and will chalk this off as a misunderstanding. If I had a camera I would post some pics of the entire purchase--Legende two tone. Anyway I am satified with the outcome and I appreciated the opportunity to blow off steam without a lot negative comments. Before anyone says---yes I will buy a camera. The one I had was stolen in Grand Cayman in March.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:43 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Excellent. Glad it worked out.

Coral Club Founding Father
:coralclub: