Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Tourneau - San Francisco
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:15 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I apologize for my post....I'm sure they are an excellent company...but they didn't give me the customer satisfaction I wanted.

Back in Sept 2007, I met and spoke with a sales rep at the SF office...they pull out the catalog etc....tell me they can get it (Avenger Skyland Limited Edition Black Steel)....they are the big dog on the block etc....so I put down a deposit (1000.00).....not once did they ever call me to update me...no email, no old school mail contact. I called three times and each time the sales guy i dealt with had no idea who I was and kept on saying it's coming.

Again, I am sure they are good...but not for me. So last week they send me a copy of my receipt (deposit of money) and tell me they credited my american express card my money....with a hand written note. "unable to get watch." Unbelieveable...so either way.....I had Feldmar working for me and they came out on top...kinda like the NY Giants...the underdog, they made it happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:05 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
Its the usuall problem:

Breitling tells them, they will only get one or two watches at all. They ordered 10 to get at least some. And the salespeople did not believe their representativ that they will get only so few watches. Now, You come into the store, as one of the first interested in that watch, They accept Your deposit, knowing to have ordered maybe 10 watches, so expecting at least 5... Couple of days later some guy (regular well known customer) buys a solid gold watch and wants the Blacksteel as well. Whom will they sell the first watch, they get? For the next watch coming in the store, a good friend of the boss is in the store by chance and decides to take it. Bang! Next possibility gone. There should come some more, the depositors shall wait. Then suddenly the bad news: No more watch to come.... Ups!

That story is not reality, but it can happen easily.

BG
Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:28 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
The scenario sounds text book.....I now feel I have some type of leverage when I buy my next one from the place I got my Avenger Skyland...maybe the tables are now turned....who knows.