The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:15 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
Because Breitling's Service Center issued a new COSC after inspecting the watch. They wouldn't have done this if it wasn't real.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:38 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
do you think i would have a problem dealing with them in USA and using paypal?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:00 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 2 posts
I'll give them one thing, the prices on that website are really great. $550-800 less than what authorized dealers can do including discounts, from what I see. Makes it very tempting. We're not talking just a couple hundred bucks for peace of mind, that's a really big chunk.

Hmmmmmmmm........

Club Member #0070
2009 TT Chrono Evo w/Rose gold, blue face
2009 Airwolf w/black face, Co-Pilot module
2009 TT Lady Cockpit w/Mother-of-Pearl, Diamond face for the wife

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:35 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Agreed - but then remember that the cheapest ones have removed serials (which makes the watch useless for Breitling service or repair) and that other ones doesn't have the complete paperwork.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:56 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I agree with the difficulties contacting them.
I was looking into purchasing a watch they had listed on their site with a strap instead of the pilot bracelet. I emailed, and got multiple responses that I must call to find out if it was available. When I called, the same person who wrote me the email - why couldn't they email me the answer??
I ended up having to talk to multiple people about availability, time, price, etc. about the watch. It became much too difficult and I gave up on them. :|

Breitling Chrono Cockpit, Breitling Chronomat MOP/Diamond Bezel, Breitling Starliner MOP/Diamond Markers, Rolex Sea-Dweller "Z", Tag Heuer Aquaracer, Tag Heuer F1 Aqua, Tag Heuer 2000.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:06 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I bought my breitling superocean heritage chronow for $3750, from authenticwatches.com, the best price i could find on ebay was $4150 while retail $6250. My only concern was if they sell original and brand new items. I read a lot of reviews of happy and unhappy customers and their experience with authenticwatches.com and now after one month i can only say that i'm very happy with watch i got from them. It came one day after my payment was was received, they overnighted from California to New Jersey where i live , original box and papers (including COSC with the serial number). Since it was my first time buying such as expensive item online and i know that 90% watches online are fakes i took my watch to 3 Breitling retailers in New Jersey to find out if this piece is authentic (LaViano- Westwood NJ, Tourneau - Paramus NJ, The Timepiece Collection- Englewood NJ) and they had no doubts about it. It is true that it comes without manufacturer warranty, they give you 3 years authenticwatches

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:17 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

xmwzoo wrote:
aleister, question for you: how can you be 100% sure that what you bought from authenticwatches.com is authentic indeed?

That is a very good question Aleister. From my understanding, some or all of the luxury watch brands will not service a watch unless it is authentic. So I would look into resellers who have all of their timepieces serviced by an authorized service provider for that model of watch before selling them. I looked at Authentic Watches but I couldn't find anything on their site that mentions it. Might be worth a phone call to ask them.

I would also use the following as a guide before buying:
1. trusted dealer
2. box and papers
3. dealer authenticates watch and backs it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:21 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Authenticwatches are a try market dealer of new watches. They won't service a new watch prior to sale any more than an AD will. Any service warranties from grey market are useless because they don't have access to factory servicing (because they aren't authorised).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:20 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Roffensian wrote:
Authenticwatches are a try market dealer of new watches. They won't service a new watch prior to sale any more than an AD will. Any service warranties from grey market are useless because they don't have access to factory servicing (because they aren't authorised).

Was a bit intrigued to see this old post still alive...

To Harold - I had replied to that question before your post, but again, Breitling inspected the watch and issued a new COSC. Had they not, I would have sent it back.

To add to what Roff wrote:
It's important to remember that the three year warranty Authenicwatches give is pretty useless - if you would let them service/repair the watch under their own warranty, this will be done with generic parts rather than original parts as they don't have access to Breitling stock. And then, a couple of years down the road when you need the next service, Breitling will charge you a hand and a foot since it's not their parts there. Might even be so bad that they refuse to service it. So, to sum it up - if you buy from a grey dealer - prepare to pay for any issues/service directly from day 1, and give that job to one of the Breitling Service Centers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:41 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
Some may think it's still cheaper to buy gray market in the long run, but as long as you don't care for a factory warranty then go ahead. I've purchased many watches from AW. Never had a problem. Before buying online though, call ahead to make sure they have it in stock. They are usually pretty good about keeping their website updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:34 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

BUYER BEWARE! They sold me a defective watch and I'm now stuck with nearly $6000 mess. This has been a very expensive, frustrating and terrible experience. Their added service warranty is a joke as they will not stand behind anything after the sale is done and money has been collected. If anything goes wrong, you're on your own! Not worth the risk, after repair costs, I'll be close to retail anyway. Terrible experience with Authenticwatches.com, will never shop with them again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:28 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

rumi2012 wrote:
BUYER BEWARE! They sold me a defective watch and I'm now stuck with nearly $6000 mess. This has been a very expensive, frustrating and terrible experience. Their added service warranty is a joke as they will not stand behind anything after the sale is done and money has been collected. If anything goes wrong, you're on your own! Not worth the risk, after repair costs, I'll be close to retail anyway. Terrible experience with Authenticwatches.com, will never shop with them again.

Yeah - I noticed that my new Super Avenger 2 is losing 2 minutes, bought it from them last week - we'll see what they say and how they treat me... Told them that after this weekend, if the watch is off, I am returning it.

If they push back, I'll just call my black visa people and tell them the watch is no functioning, they will refund me and deal with authenticwatches directly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:09 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Konrad wrote:
rumi2012 wrote:

Yeah - I noticed that my new Super Avenger 2 is losing 2 minutes, bought it from them last week - we'll see what they say and how they treat me... Told them that after this weekend, if the watch is off, I am returning it.

If they push back, I'll just call my black visa people and tell them the watch is no functioning, they will refund me and deal with authenticwatches directly.

2 minutes is somewhat normal for a new piece, usually the movement will settle after the first month or two of wearing, I would wait and see if it settles before exchanging, It's your call though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:22 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
2 minutes per day is nowhere near normal. Thread here - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=61433

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:33 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

My apologies, I must have read it wrong I saw 20 seconds.. I should wait until I'm awake before I start posting!