Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:19 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 1 post
Hey everyone,
I am a complete amature and newbie in the sphere of vintage watches, but I have always wanted a good vintage piece with meaning to me and after doing a little bit research, I have concluded that I seriously want a reverso. But I have no idea what year or model I should be targeting. In terms of style, I love rose gold and and yellow gold and the classic art deco lines. I've found a lot of modest used online in the 2-3k range. Living in New York, is it worth it for me to go into pawn shops and used watch stores around the big city looking for a bargain and also how would I know if I am getting a good price based on all the different years and models JLC has produced?

unclealec likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:31 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 3 posts
Welcome to the wierd wonderful world of vintage watches; they are only megabucks, and some are nearly as accurate as the $10 digital from the five-and-dime. I wouldn't argue with your choice of Reverso, if you seek a stylish and interesting dress watch.
As for price/value/authenticity - do a load of browsing, you will soon get a feel for it.
I can't help with the Reverso scene - way too stylish for me. My current love is a ratrod 0861 Navitimer. Search for that and see what you think.