Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:40 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello everyone,,
i first started off in this watch thing, the very first piece that ever caught my eye was the b4b motors. The original one with the knurled bezel. everytime i saw the watch i would just drool. it was the ultimate have to have piece. i remember even being on my honeymoon in St lucia trying to find a Breitling dealer that sold the bentley line. unfortunately none of the AD's carried the bentley line on the island. i even dragged my wife to go watch shopping 2 days in a row. i dont think she minded that much since she got a watch out of it too. after searching around i finally settled for a corum admirals cup chrono 44. the key word being "settled". but even with this new piece i knew i had to own the motors. When i got back to Canada i ended up calling around and finding out that there was a new motors t speed that was going to be released, so naturally i got the AD to send me some pics and after seeing it, it was the must have watch. I would always look at my Corum and just say "its not large enough". something about owning a piece that was 48 mm (in my mind) was just the right size. nothing else even came close.

so the day finally came when i decided to visit the AD put in the order and leave my deposit. Almost 2 months from the day I ordered the watch I got a call letting me know it was time to come in and claim my watch. happier than a pig in S*** i went to my AD and got my watch.

not long after everything that i started obsessing over watches that were large size. if it wasnt 46mm or up i didnt even look at it. Which lead me to my next purchase of a brand new SA. The whole time all i could think about was dial size. i guess i never really considered my own wrist size (7 inches) and how the lugs fits on your wrist.

As of late i guess the bigger better mentality has just been washed out of my mind. all the pieces i seem to be looking at now are between 39-44. These just seem to fit my wrist the best.the bigger better mentality is just gone from my mind. now im just looking for pieces that will stay classic to me.

anyone else go through this?